Reviews for Winchester
Guest chapter 39 . 11/11/2012
So far I have read four of your books, this being the fourth. You are so amazing! Your writing style and story lines are phenomenal! I can't wait to read more :) Good luck with the remainder of your books!
Mari chapter 12 . 2/29/2012
Haha, your comment at the end made me think of where I was when that happened... not in Philly where I should have been -_- I love your stories they're fantastic!
SparklingStar25 chapter 39 . 2/3/2012
That was a beautiful story...!
The Footsore Storyteller chapter 39 . 10/22/2011
A very well-written, moving, and beautiful story. I enjoyed reading it immensely. You deserved a chapter-by-chapter review, but I was too intent on getting to the next chapter to slow down that long. I will save your story in my favorites so that I can re-read and review on a later date.

There were a few very minor historical issue, such as the use of the word "pop" to describe a carbonated drink (a term that was not coined for soda until the 1930's in a advertising campaign), and the price of adoption from an orphanage, which averaged $60-$200 in 1914 (still a large amount at the time). Other than that, everything felt very realistic and plausible.
Krullie chapter 13 . 2/25/2011
omg I love all the men in here. They are true gentlemen with mischief you know what im sayin'

WHERE DID ALL THE GOOD MEN GOO!

resuming reading
Krullie chapter 5 . 2/25/2011
oh I like your writing. its kind off very easy to read and very funny in its own way. It makes you want to read more. thank god you have 43 chapters. well back to reading

have a nice day
nessie5 chapter 16 . 6/27/2010
Usually with good stories I just zip right through them without leaving a review (shame on me, I know), but I thought I'd drop a question now because I'm very confused about Audra and Olivia's ages. When Quinn asked the boys how old Olivia is, they said she was 22 (at least that's what I remember), and then sometime later Audra mentioned her own "twenty years" and then I assumed Audra was the younger. But then later on it's stated that AUDRA is 22, and that Olivia is the youngest granddaughter (when it was in the grandfather's point-of-view). I'm just very confused at the ages, and if Eli's or Quinn's isn't mentioned sometime in the story (I wouldn't know), how old are they?

Enough questions, I'm determined to finish this tonight, lol

Btw, I'm in love with Quinn (maybe it doesn't help that I picture Garrett Hedlund-who is very pretty and blond). Parker's adorable too-and I really like Eli :)

nessie
kycatsfan chapter 39 . 2/16/2010
LOVED this story too! Even though I knew a lot of what was going to happen, it was still great reading it. My favorite parts were definitely these last two chapters and the part where Parker is explaining to Eli why he loves God first best, Audra second best, and Eli third best. That was absolutely adorable. This story was amazing!
Fleur-de-lis Evans chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Hello!

This was a great introduction chapter. There was a lot of focus on the orphanage and the children, so hopefully there is more in the next few chapters about Audra because as a reader there wasn't alot I learned about her,

However, I enjoyed her interactions with Parker and Joey, they are characterized well. Parker is especially vibrant and likeable.

A few things noticed:

"Let’s get a move on! Breakfast is IN ten minutes[comma] and Aunt Vera won’t be happy if she has to wait for you."

", but knowing she had to be just as firm with HIM as the other children, she moved closer."

Kudos on an interesting first chapter
EyesFullOfWonder chapter 1 . 10/22/2009
I enjoyed it! I can totally relate to Audra. I feel the same way. I think I am going to enjoy reading this story (which I will be doing slowly...)!

Sam

P.S. Just so you know, I'm a forum admin. on , and me and my forum have a little book club thing, and we decided to read your story for our book club...because we all like historical romances, and decided FP would be a good place to find stuff. So, I just thought I would let you know! Not really any reason to tell you. But...I am. So...yeah.
Bleeding Liar chapter 35 . 7/21/2009
nice chapter
rougette chapter 39 . 7/17/2009
I think this has become my favorite story of yours! Great job writing it (:
rougette chapter 29 . 7/17/2009
Poor little Parker!
rougette chapter 26 . 7/17/2009
This chapter made me completely melt! Just the other day, my "Parker" got in trouble for shoving another boy who had said something (jokingly) unkind about me. I love this story, haha (:
rougette chapter 24 . 7/17/2009