Reviews for Is This Life?
Linq chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
WOW. That is really, really good. I hadn't even realised that it didn't rhyme until you pointed it out at the end, because the words came together so well!
Reine Ayten chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
This is pretty good, but somehow it seems a bit off... "Is there any way to fall apart/ Without the shameful defeat?" threw me off for a bit, because the rhythm of the poem sets up the last word to be a syllable, but otherwise I like it a lot.
shh chapter 1 . 9/8/2008
so, poetry to me is about finding your own meaning & going fomr there. etc.

so, i got a few things from this, but the verses that stuck out to me most were the fisrt and last. mainly because, i killed my best friend.

my best friend was my 13 year old black lab named elvis. his last few weeks were so hard on me. i didn't know how to help him. i feel so bad. i couldn't end his life early, and not have him live in pain for a year, could i? and yet, when the time came for him to be put down, i couldn't help but wonder.

why, if it's so 'humane,' don't we kill humans? is it because of our morals? is it because we as a society, frown upon it or deem it unethical?

most stuff people from my generation/age put out is so fake. so i just wanted to say, kudos. for making me think. cuz thats a hard thing to do.