Reviews for to know you're alive
B. J. Winters chapter 2 . 4/8/2009
I read all of these. I'll comment here because I was left haunted. Such imagery - and I nice picture that creates empathy.

My favorite line: the razor still hides in her favorite book, tucked between page 345 and 346 - you can touch it and see the spice of detail. It made me want to know what book, and what was written on that page.

Much enjoyed.
nevermore199 chapter 3 . 1/12/2009
So the smiling adults in my life like to tell me that I have a gift for drawing out heartfelt emotions. But I think you've done that a lot better with all of these-and this one, most definitely.

So...yeah. YOU IS BETTER. YOU IS TEH AWESOME.

(...uh, yeah. Nice job. Sorry; I'm never very coherent on reviews...)
An Inside Joke chapter 2 . 12/2/2008
I like this chapter better because it gives more of a personalized view of the charecter, in the details of how she reads her diary. It still feels a bit general in some places, but the stream-of-conciousness diary details really strengthen this chapter.
An Inside Joke chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
I think you needed more detail for an opening chapter. Right now, the focus on the general pain overtone gives hte story a bit of a generic angsty feel. You could set it apart a bit by adding more personal details about this main charecter.
ode to melancholy chapter 3 . 11/20/2008
Like I ever would. I think it's very sad, actually, though of course brilliantly written.
MakeSarahSmile chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
The quote ties in perfectly with the story. I especially liked "alone, she breaks. her body hits the floor without grace." It almost rhymes, in a way. Or maybe that's just me.
detache chapter 2 . 10/22/2008
Well written.

I like the quote at the beginning, said by Mariah, apparently.

I must steal it. Haha.

If that's okay, of course.

Just to post on my Fictionpress or MySpace or something.
Written chapter 2 . 10/22/2008
LOVE the word jungle in relation to hair.

[her virginia slims still rest inside the back of her speakers, the sweet smell seeping out with her music and lulling her into peace.]

this is gorgeous. love the placement of all of these things. very bitter piece, but I loved it. you do really well with making me feel.
Written chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
your writing is so stylish.

I love the angst in this piece...

[her body hits the floor without grace and her limbs are so scarred, they all look the same. ]

love this line, it's got a lot of... um... physicality? is that even the right word? uh, this is why I don't write things with big words, but you know what I mean? there's an evocative image here.

and then the idea that she doesn't want to stop hurting ties in with the quote from the song really well.
ode to melancholy chapter 2 . 10/22/2008
Isn't the fact that nothing ever change common knowledge? If not, then the stupidity of people just went up a notch. Either way, I adore this.
ThatEmKid chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
i like this, it's one of those angsty pieces, which i love, but what made it bad for me is that not enough detail was added.
a certain slant of light chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
[Hmm, so, I've been talking to echo and now I'm talking to october? xD For the record, I think that no one can ever understand another person entirely.]

This is lovely. Reminds me quite a lot of myself. Sort of. I would love for this to be a collection.
detache chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
Beautiful. I'm looking fowards to reading more of this.

I assume that the lowercase letters are on purpose. That's a really fun style to write in.