Reviews for Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
PaintedPicture chapter 25 . 11/12/2013
I was half way through the epilouge and I was about to start crying, throwing a tantrums, and getting ready to write a very angry and upset review for you; thinking of the many ways that poor Boyd had suffered and only ended up suffering more I had a speech prepared everything! However. I was so overjoyed and ecstatic. She got her happy ending.

That poor girl, she had such a terrible life, after losing her father everything went down the drain and she was picked up when Deacon came into her life only to leave. Then him... His name doesn't even deserve to be spoken. Dark and evil man, I must say, I loved your writing. To be able to induce such strong angry emotions for a character is a skill in itself, some people have trouble with that.

I enjoyed your story very much and found it very hard to put down and do my daily chores and do important things during the day. I stayed up late to read and then woke up only to continue reading.

At first when I came to reading it, I thought, oh yeah, just another, rags to riches story. Its going to be cliche and corny. And although it was all of what I said above, it was done with taste, accuracy and in moderate modesty, it was written in a different manner, it was written to draw people in, to capture its audience.

Now, my criticisms, I did notice throughout your story there have been minor errors such as saying 'shes' instead of 'hes' and things alike. It wasn't that much of a bother cause as I said I was drawn into the story, just something I thought if point out. Next is the AN, and although I love it when an author replies to reviews and all, it got a bit frustrating at times thinking there was more to read than there actually was. I guess its a pet peeve in a way.

I so hope that you're still writing and if you ever starved for ideas I'd love to bounce some plot and schemes with ya! Happy writing!
inactive123 chapter 25 . 7/1/2013
I read this all in one sitting with a break or two in the middle to take a breather LOL. I really loved the conflicts going on. Deacon's knight in shining armour moments made me cheer and worry alot. I'm such a sucker for girl/boy friend turned lovers stories ;_; Overall great job :)
Margatini chapter 25 . 5/30/2013
Oh, God. I thought Deacon died! I'm so happy with this ending-well, pretty much the entire story. You barely had any grammatical errors, and although some happenings were very predictable, your plot was good. Cheers!
Margatini chapter 24 . 5/30/2013
"This is fair," I whispered.
Isn't, you mean?
Margatini chapter 18 . 5/29/2013
"I can't believe you said that to me. You're lucky that these pregnancy hormones make me horny or you would be getting nothing from me." GOD BLESS TARYN. I'm starting to love her.
Margatini chapter 15 . 5/29/2013
"I'm glad that you learned to keep you clothes on." Just a little error. It's supposedly your.
Margatini chapter 10 . 5/29/2013
Taryn and her mother are such cold bitches. I didn't expect them to be that cruel.
Mr. Ree chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
Hi there! Your story has been added to the "Girl & Best Friend" category of A Drop of Romeo! Here's your review:
A lot can happen in five years. Two friends can grow apart. Someone can get a college degree. Someone can be stuck working two jobs that barely gets them by. Two friends can cross paths again. All of these ring true for Boyd and Deacon. He's always been rich, and Boyd has always been poor. The two are tighter than tight, until Deacon is sent off to England for college. After that, the two grow further and further apart until they don't speak at all.

Fast forward to the present: Deacon works for his father's company, just as he was meant to and Boyd is still an amateur photographer, too financially unstable to live out her dreams. When the two meet again, it isn't exactly as though they pick up straight where they left off. Boyd has got a lot on her plate now that she has to deal with the stress of her deadbeat boyfriend pushing her around, on top of her two jobs. Despite all this, Deacon still reaches out to her. (Awwww)

Whenever I read a story, I usually don't know whether or not I'll accept it until the very end, and sometimes it takes a day or two of deliberation before I can finally make a decision. With Sitting, Waiting, Wishing, I was 90% certain that it would be accepted by the time I got to the tenth chapter. I was positively flying through the story and enjoying every second of it.

I think it was Boyd's independence that did it for me, really. I loved how even with all of the things she went through, she was reluctant to get any help from anyone. She was very consistent, and it was because of her character that the story was able to break out of the rich guy/poor girl cliché.

As a personal preference, I'm generally not a fan of stories that are written in multiple first person points of view. Though the changes between chapters felt a bit jumpy at times, it didn't really take away from how much I enjoyed the story. I think this kind of goes along with the jumpy bit, but the only other critique I have is that it seemed a bit rushed in the middle and towards the end.

Overall though, I really liked Sitting, Waiting, Wishing. It was a pretty quick read for a 90,000 word story and it never dragged on. If you're looking for a cute best friend's tale, a rich-poor tale, or a long lost friend story, look no further, here it is.
AKhwab chapter 25 . 5/19/2013
Hey! Good story! Could have been better with just a little minor changes and more details but no worries :) I want to know what exactly happened to Kurt cos it seemed unclear in this chapter. Did Boyd get attacked again or something. What's all the talk about surgery & blah?
AKhwab chapter 7 . 5/18/2013
Taryn is cool. I like her. I think she'll get along well with Boyd :)
AKhwab chapter 5 . 5/18/2013
I don't mean to sound rude here but you wrote, 'I hadn't seen her for three years'. I'm confused. Didn't your summary say five?
AKhwab chapter 4 . 5/18/2013
Which floor does she live on? In the chapter before the previous, you said the fourth floor. Now it's suddenly the fifth? Huh?

Unless Jasey doesn't really know how to speak, the question should have been, 'Are you working tonight?' and not 'Do you work tonight?'. You need to add an 'up' after 'pent' and before 'of' in 'I had pent of feelings'.
AKhwab chapter 3 . 5/18/2013
This chapter was - one word - confusing. I never knew when he left home and reached his office & when did he get to the bar. And then he & ben were just talking about his reputation as if the hooker wasn't there. What?
AKhwab chapter 2 . 5/18/2013
This was an insightful chapter. Really made me feel sad for her. I spotted a few mistakes. One of them is 'I rolled her eyes as she said this.' Also, the switch from the art gallery to her waitressing job wasn't clear. I didn't know there had been a shift in location. I just thought she was still on the phone. Happy writing :) I feel really slow. It has been 3 years & I'm reading this now. Hope you're still on FP!
AKhwab chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Hey! I can't decide if I've read this story before. The plot seems familiar and the characters too. Anyway, good start :) you need to re-edit this chaper cos the part where she gets into the car isn't clear. And the other part where she's crying, you said 'left'. Is it supposed to be 'felt'.
956 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »