Reviews for An Undecided Sentiment
arcane devices chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
Hey there, Ashelin I'm here to give you my two cents on what I thought about this poem overall. I felt that the poem here was too much to take in at times because there was so much imagery and literary device that you were alluding to. Not to say that it's a bad thing, but I would like to quote a saying I often find enjoyable which is "Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing." and this could possibly be certainly one of the cases as I find that because this poem is just so consistent there's really nothing that JUMPS OUT at you. I think what could have helped with that possible problem is the formatting in regards to the piece. If there was a specific line you wanted the readers to pay attention to perhaps if you placed more emphasis on it, it could have been more powerful. I'd like to leave this review off in a compliment though when saying that this was a powerful read however. There is a certain 'matter-of-fact'ly feel that I seem to get when reading your poems and it certainly is a delight from all the vague, boring monstrosities of failed attempts of poetry that is just only too prevalent within fictionpress these days. As always, thank you for the read.
Jessie chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
Ash, I know you will not believe me, but you are one of the most extraordinary writers I have ever read. I am taken aback every time I find another one of your poems. I want to share them with the world but I don't know if they would understand... I love you.
Shasta Valentine chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
A painful glimmer that breaks open inside of me

Hope

How I hate myself for wanting

For peaking into those places where the pain is

Shooting the sentimental reminders through my veins

That my agony is the best replacement

i honestly felt that this poem was teetering on the edge of rambling status,

however you did a good job, and the execution was fairly done.

-sv
siphoned afterglow chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
awesome. so much emotion and so very well placed into poetry. i would say that i found the third paragraph to be my favorite. Kudos, really.