Reviews for Ugly Couch
the rational hedgehog chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Aww, that was so SWEET!
Eloquent Catastrophe chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
This was interesting to read; I liked how you moved around in time while still keeping focus. Nice job!
Kneecap chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
"finally I stood staring at the door that he left my life through." - that line really stuck out straight away. Very nicely written D. And the very first sentence is very eye-catching.

“Alright guys, you have been amazing with the rubbish that we’ve had to work with.” - that and other parts of the dialogue did concern me a little at times. There's nothing wrong with not using abbreviations, of course, but in real life it's quite rare to actually hear someone say 'you have' in conversation, rather than 'you've', and the net result of that and other lines is that the characters sound a little robotic at times D: But that's just a small and general thing.

“Hey Arthur!”

“Yes, prop guy?” - moments like that, however, were really funny xD.

"I was twenty three going on thirty-five. Black facial hair was beginning to get itchy, thick-rimmed glasses shielding red-rimmed brown eyes and a creased stripy shirt." - I like how you describe your characters realistically, and honestly. It's a wonderful change from reading about over-beautified men and women!

xD, the song was truly awful, but in a funny way.

Overall, that was quite a sweet ending :). I liked how your narrative was so fractured and you moved around with times and settings. That was really adventurous and really made for a good read :). I can't say I'm really much of a 'fluff' kind of reader, but...yeah D. I liked this!
Blue Papillon chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
Cute. Very simple. And cute. It could've been better w/ a little more character/story development and more about the play(those parts were very interesting), and more relationship development, but overall, very good.
Feel The Waltz chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Now that was super cute _
Cracked Butterfruit chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
lordy, you know you're brilliant yeah?

what with Georgette as the paper mache cow and your mad, awesome title and wicked dialogue, "spit it out propsicle" (ah propsicle, snortlaugh) and the unique setting...all is pure awesome :D

that was probably a very bad english sentence, but whatever :)
Freak-of-Spade chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Okay, Okay.

There are so many things i love about this.

First: the title. It's unique and great and random in an entirely perfect way.

The Georgette thing. I've got to admit you had the most original, funny, random, weird and unique interpretation of Georgette. I love how you handled it.

Love the parallel storytelling thing. It works and it keeps you wondering and a little confused at times, but definitely interested.

The characters. I love the Arthur and Morgan and how they interact and how that obviously love each other and everything about them and how you handled them.

The ending. Sweet and short and beautiful and not sunset over a kissing couple cliche but fresh and lovely and ADORABLE.

Yep. Great entry. I seriously love it. You are amazing. I want to read more from you and i want you to enter my next monthly challenge.

Mkay?

Otherwise, i'll pounce.

X3

Glompsies and wet kisses from

the freAk
SerialXLain chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
I love how you incorporated the WTF kiss. Nice. I didn't even think about anything like that when I was writing my own. :3 And the Georgette use was cool.

I was kind of confused at first with the timing of things, but once I finished and reread it, I really loved how you did it. :) Also nice.
ilcocoabean chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
Short, cute and to the point. Lovely.
CrypticCorpse chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
Good.
nonaccount chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
i love fluff. especially when said fluff is funny too, as this is. :)