Reviews for Samael
Firetrap chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
Interesting Devil Metaphor. This seems like a very simply written piece, but I can assume that every line is a story in itself. At the beginning it seems like the Devil is an almighty & enchanting creature. (E.g "Devil In My Bed") but you threw me off with "Never Then Nor Now Allowed/The Lust That Sin Would Sprout." This seems like you're alluding that no matter your behaviour in life you will never be able to always get what you want. Seen a the devil is a massive power figure it also seems as if you associate rank with also not being able to constantly control life. The last line "His Fate, The Words They Wrote" and also the use of the Devil as your metaphor it makes me think of the supernatural powers that none of us, powerful or not, can dictate -Possibly why you used the Devil in the first place, if I was on the right tracks here. Nice job mate.
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
I like the subject because it makes you think. [There's a demon in my bed] makes me think it's all a metaphor for real-life romance, but the fantasy label makes me think otherwise. Nice job with that.

I also liked the rhyme scheme. It never felt forced and the a-a-a-b gave ita good pulse.

Brought to you by the Review Marathon (link in profile)
SirScott chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Are you trying to say that your boyfriend is a demon in bed or are you saying that you lust after the devil?

It was a pretty good poem.

SirScott