Reviews for Funny How Things Change
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Okay, I'm truly sorry for being a bit late in reviewing back. That plus my attention span died, so at the very best I can only review one shots without too much of the word quota. So yeah, sorry for not reviewing your top priority stories first. :( Anyway, I can say that this is an interesting one shot, which managed to portray the whole inferiority complex in a very real way. The entire transition was nothing less than ironic plot wise and it really gives a lot on an entertaining read. The way you use the wording is very well done. That plus you've managed to put across the irony of life here in a very real sense. Critique wise nothing to say since I'm getting brain dead here now. Ej apart from that nothing much to say here. I truly hope this review won't come across as a one liner since the review here is definitely short and out of depth.

P.S: Thanks very much for your review on A Ranger's tale. Hope to see more of the reviews from you soon. :)
lookingwest chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Opening

-I like it. You come in with an ambiguous statement and then you give us more definition. The tone is almost frustration through the entire beginning paragraph. I like the way you repeat "Claudia" in those first few stated sentences, because that's when the frustration really came through for me, but it was just enough!

Nice language when introducing Amber, that was a great sentence, I could really see the image you were conveying, and Amber came off just as you intended!

Funny how things change.

-The theme of "change" you run through this is fantastic. Love it. Very creative, innovative, and really gets the point across. The technique is wonderful!

...Beatrice met many other people and found herself in the middle of a group of laughing students and she was laughing along with them.

-Suggested Edit: a comma between "students" and "and", so it makes that sentence have a more definite clause with "and she was laughing along with them." Since it's such a great image!

Oh o.o I am being completely honest when I say this: I got chills at the end, XD.

Overall

-I think this worked well as a piece as a whole, which is great-the theme of change, as mentioned, was wonderful and really acted as a thread that sewed this short story together. I liked the simplicity of it, and I liked how I could relate to it. I definitley have had these sorts of friends, and especially when I'm in Uni now-the situation with Claudia and Beatrice happens a lot actually. I like to think I'm on Beatrice's side, XD-just great, very "in-your-face" at the end. It had a fantastic message.
Sercus Kaynine chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
Helloz! I'm here because I fail at TBT and Karas asked me to review you, so...

Flow/Pace: I like the way your formatted this. It was organized and easy to understand. It kept the story moving and the main idea of each paragraph was summarized at the end.

Characters/character relationships: For a short story that wasted no time with long backstories, these characters were surprisingly real. I liked how you described the ups and downs of highschool friendships and cliques, and how it all changed when you moved on. The ending was amazing, in my opinion. It summed up the moral of the story nicely. Full circle ending win!
Chasing Skylines chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
Nitpicky Sesshy strikes again!

'Danielle, who she found'

It should be whom, not who.

Haha, I like the whole 'change' thing that went on. Quick, easy character development, while not straining the reader's imagination.

However, this is hopefully not wish-fulfillment, but I don't think it is. I shall take it as human fallibility, the course of emotional adaption, and what can happen with a little self-esteem.

Good job!
bringmayflowers chapter 1 . 12/12/2008
I really enjoyed this piece. It's the first one of yours I have read. I liked how your writing flowed. I was really keen on the repetitiveness of the word, beautiful.

Keep up the great work :)

I'm about to check out your other work.
ellie chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Heya. It's me again.

I can't even explain how much I ADORE this piece. It like...describes my life. I really can't believe it. I printed it out and hung it on my wall :) Hope that doesn't weird you out at all.

I love your little oneshots. Please keep writing, my wall could use some more decorations.

-ellie