Reviews for Saving Castle Perilous
daydee chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
you need to update this. but you've done a good job so far.
talktome chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Very cute :) Too bad it seems abandoned...
A Kiss in the Dreamhouse chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
This is really well-written and very entertaining! I hope you continue...
FictionismyGame chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Wow, cool. Keep writing this one, I like it. It's one of the better stories I have read. Though all of YOUR stories are pretty good. Please write another chapter ASAP. Happy face! :)
Arabea chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
Ha! That was funny. I have a tiny obsession with Arthurian legend. I can't remember if I've read the one you're talking about, but I don't think I have. I can't wait for the next part!
Kate Marshall chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Hey! I haven't seen this! This was really well written, too. ;D I'm a sucker for medieval crap.

xD
Jainblu chapter 1 . 12/25/2008
No unfunny in the least, that is to say.. quite funny in actual fact. I liked it a lot. I would really like to read the rest of it. don't really want to sign in right now.. but yesh, this is an interesting one, for sure. and i liked your take on Guenevere
faery tragedy chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
Despite what other readers have said about the narrative, I think it works wonderfully in a sort of Marie de France parody way. I think you should even go a step further and introduce the story more with a narrator's introduction..."This story was told to me by a troubadour..." or something along those lines. Anyway, I think the actual prose is very witty without relying on cheap laughs. Both heroines are quite funny in their own ways, but I like Lynette a bit more for her spunk.

I think the narrator should show Kay rolling his eyes when Gwen frets over Lancelot, since the whole kingdom knew about their romance except poor Arthur :(.

Good job! I can't wait to read more.

*faery tragedy
you're so postmodern chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
I love this! I'm actually doing an illustration project on this legend and its great to hear it in writing.

I like how you've adapted the character's personalities and the dialogue is really catchy.

Update soon!
Elf Ear chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
I think its pretty funny actually. I love the arthurian legends and have read a few different versions and this is just so different and comedy-like that i realy do think its funny.
The Wordsmith chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
Oh, this one wins on the funny front. there were some really great lines in here - my personal favorites were the one about the Castle Perilous and Guinevere's whole...hissy fit over Lancelot leaving (nice call on calling 'Lance' by the way.) there were a few honest punctuation errors (the ubiquitous your/you're confusion was in there once or twice) but other than that, it was really good. There was a young adult author who retold this story in much the same sarcastic style -Gerald Morris' The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf, that's the one. Really very funny, and worth looking into if you like that sort of thing. I've got my eye on this one - keep up the great work!
Dot Cubed chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
ahahaha, I love this SO MUCH. The beginning with the stitches was hilarious, and then it just got even better with everything, and the knight being like "your guard's kinda dead, plz let me in, kthnx" and the sisters arguing with each other over why Lynette has to be the one to got to Camelot, and the whole, "he's just getting us cakes!" thing, and I don't know, I really really love this. It feels like the humor is almost poking fun at the fairytale, if that makes any sense. :D
brittle hearts chapter 1 . 9/25/2008
A promising start to a short story (?). Lynette is absolutely delightful and bratty, like princesses should be. And I love how nobody believed her guise as a kitchen boy. I don't know the original tale, but I can't wait to read the next part already.
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
Well, interested that you've got a new work up. Anyway, something that bugs me in this story is that to a certain extent, you're actually using a narrator's view. Try not to do that unless it's something like relating history and stuff like that. Also, the whole issue of Lynette and Lyonesse quarreling made me go wtf since if you intended it to be humorous, I think it should be much more obvious. If not, then I think the way it's done is unneccesary since it only portrayed the characters' stupidity in a needless way. On a side note, Beaumains reminds me of a character that I've came before in Arthurian tales. I'm not sure if it's Gareth or Gaheris, but I know it's one of them because that guy is nicknamed "pretty hands" by some other guy in King Arthur's courts. Very likely it's Kay since he's a cheap mouth of sorts. Anyway, I'll be interested to see what you can do from there. Sorry if I sound mean in my criticisms though. I don't mean it. And yeah, hope to see more of your reviews for Circles of Arven soon. :)
GrannyP chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
Yay! A new story!

Everything about fairy tales and legends, I learn from you. Seriously, I am vastly uneducated in this area. I've never even heard of these people before. Well, except Arthur and Lancelot, but even then, I don't know much about them. Just that they were famous for stuff. Needless to say, history and literature (and thus, historical literature) were never my strong points in school.

So I look forward to finding out what happens with Prettyhandboy and the princesses. Well, seeing that it's a romance story.. hmm.. I should expect some romance.