Reviews for The Strange Voyages of the Rogue's Pleasure
Jave Harron chapter 17 . 5/3/2009
Very, very awesome chapter here. I loved all the Lovecraft mythos homages and elements here. Shoggoths are always awesome. Maybe we can see some Yithians at some point?
Jave Harron chapter 15 . 4/2/2009
Cool chapter here. The person stuck on an island for years, and then thrust back into civilization, was a fun story premise. A question, though. Why run up a Union Jack while entering a pirate run port? Looking forward to the next Rogue's Pleasure.
pinoy1 chapter 11 . 2/10/2009
Wow! Another great chapter Mike! BTW, finally got the PDF of Clarke's adventures, thanks, sorry I wasn't able to reply quicker I got myself in the hospital over my diabetes. Any way, I still cant send you those research-links about the Mormon church's helping the Moro rebels because your email server is regecting my messages. Here's what I'll do, I will just create a new email address and use that to forward you the promised links. God bless my friend!
pinoy1 chapter 9 . 2/4/2009
Dear Mike, Bien here still

enjoying your great stories...

I consulted the local FedEx office here, and the fee for sending a package of 1 Kilogram from your part of the US to my part of the Philippines is $25.

While I do like to read your stories, I honestly cant believe that the shipping-and-handling expense of such a purchase is greater than the actual price of said book.

1 Kilogram is the minimum limit you can send through both UPS and FedEx.

So, cause I really want to have my own copy, do you have a online PDF version of your book for download?

That would be better as I can pay with pay-pal.

Fortunately Pay-Pal accepts my creditcard.

Alternatively, is your book carried by any international bookstore chains?

I am going to Singapore next month, perhaps I can get it there off-the-shelf?

Lastly, if this option is still not plausible to you, I can always send you cash via money-order, however security arrangements for such a transaction would have to be made in advance.

Please kindly reply posthaste...

I will wait for your email.

Finally on another note, you have made mention of the Mormon church in your stories, specially in the short-story "Dragon Smoke" which is chapter 15 of the Clarke stories.

I'm surprised that most people do not

know of the Mormon church's militant past.

Since Clarke will eventually be going to the Philippines, I think it is worth telling you that recently new information was uncovered that the Mormon Church(or at least a militant faction of it) from the State of Utah sent aid to the Moro-Moslem rebels during the Moro Rebellion?

Did you know that?

Hard evidence was discovered via the surviving diary of a Mormon minister who was sent to the Southern Philippine island of Sulu,

There the said missionary a certain Pastor Richard Turnbull, facilitated the sail of arms to the Moslem combatants through sympathetic merchants in the federation of Malaya.

The serial numbers of the surviving rifles were traced to a stolen batch destined for a US National Guard armory in 1901.

Further more, the ledger was found to have detailed information relating to the allocation of cash to the Philippines.

So, it is an illusion the Moro rebels were simply armed with scimitars.

They had guns...

The type of rifle supplied to the Moslems was the Marlin Model 1894 lever-action repeating hunting rifle.

This

gun could be loaded with

both intermediate pistol and rifle cartridges, hence its choice.

If you are not familiar with this type of gun, look it up in Wikipedia.

Can you believe it, Mormons helping Moslem extremists?

War does make strange bedfellows.

Do you think this recently uncovered information as a plot-device in a future story?
Jave Harron chapter 9 . 1/18/2009
Awesome to see the Golden Gear again, and the results of a lamp. The grammar and story was well edited, and the fight was awesome. Looking forward to reading more of the Rogue's Pleasure!
pinoy1 chapter 8 . 1/8/2009
Best pirate story ever!
Jave Harron chapter 2 . 12/3/2008
I have to say, the Clockwork Crew chapter was awesome steampunk. Since he escaped, perhaps he shall emerge again? It seems that these are more stand alone than Reeper Clark tales, but this might just be a few of the chapters. Hoping to read more!
J.A. Fletcher chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
What can I say other than great story? I like your writing style, and other than a few minor mistakes, the story's pretty good.
23 | « Prev Page 1 2