Reviews for The Treasure Planet of Marion
Sanareth chapter 6 . 10/22/2010
... Komputers are silly. Everyone knows that letters should be turned into rectangles. It's common sense.

As for the story, thing's seem ominous, as though someone with a trumpet at any moment is going to leap out and play "Dun Dun DUN!"

Few spelling mistakes. A few grammatical errors. Totally didn't expect the pirate to be an altruist, nay, hero of the planet.

Reminds me a little of Jaynes-town in Firefly.
MidNight The Magnificent chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
Ah... Myths & legends... Far better to believe in those & venture about looking for lost treasure based on those than so-called historical facts. Besides, treasure-hunting always comes with the best stories, (a treasure in itself, of a sort) much more entertaining than a history lesson where I've never NEVER ever managed to keep my eyes open for the entire duration...

I'll keep reading tomorrow(certainly hope this story will continue on for quite a while), gotta dash now.

Happy writing,

MidNight
Shoob chapter 7 . 3/19/2009
Interesting concept with Kiera and the characters' reactions. As to the history I don't think you've been overdoing it, but you might think of focusing more on what'sgoing currently now that you have a good background set up. Just my thoughts.
Shoob chapter 6 . 2/13/2009
Interesting career choice for a legendary pirate. Nice work on having surprisingly easily obtained answers also raise new questions.
Shoob chapter 4 . 1/30/2009
While the first two chapters are almost entirely exposition, it's the god kind of exposition that draws people in (at least it drew me in). You could use a touch of proofreading (I caught a few misspellings and the occaisional minor grammatical error) but your writing is pretty smooth and your descriptions are pretty good.

This looks like it could turn out to be a good scifi adventure story. It has space pirates, lost treasure, a salvaged ghost ship, the "wild frontier" element of deep space, and what appears to be some lost or possibly rogue colony of some sort. Keep it up.