Reviews for Leaves
diwu6398 chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
Remind me to review your other things in the morning; I just picked this at random as a bedtime story.

I'll leave a quick review to be wonderfully awesome, but it's going to suck.

The first section (no, I did not write firstest by accident) was my favorite, because of how elegantly you slid into the piece. I liked the description of Eden as being "smudged." There is something about these words that make it sort of haunting, almost, like someone is whispering these words into my ear. It's something that isn't ruined by speech, because, while the characters remain in character, they too sound beautiful. Or is it just the tiredness? Who are you kidding, lack of angst? It was very angsty, especially not knowing what was wrong until the very end. It was incredible, though, the end. I loved it.
i-wish-i-had-wings chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
this was really beautiful
Aniette chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
I like the way bittersweet is done.

Yes, fails at a lack of for me though.
Ocean Owl chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
that was awesomely beautiful. the interaction between the two characters were done especially well. And the end was practically the definition of bittersweet. lovely job there! :)
crack the sky chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
generally i don't like the whole 'angst' thing, except for a few select stories that are written really, really, really well; this is one of those few.

yes. feel special.
Reine Ayten chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
Aw... this is actually pretty sweet. You did well with this story...

The last lines will always stick in my mind, and actually, I thought of a quote my friend told me that she found somewhere that goes, "In the end, everything will be okay. If it's not okay, it's not the end."
Miss Mysty chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
Hah hah, I'm reviewing your shortest story because it's almost one in the morning and I'm lazy. But I love a lot of your wordchoice; you really paint an interesting picture :) But there's nothing wrong with angst. Even though it seems to be a foreign word to my own writing...
Cattails chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
That was beautiful and nearly made me cry O_O I love the names... But seriously, that was gorgeous. And so bittersweet! The style...and everything! Goodness.
DefineNightmare chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
I...I'm gonna go cry now. So beautifully dark.

I love it!

favs
Feel The Waltz chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
That was beautiful! Lots of angst but i still loved it. Little mute kids called Eden are the best. :)
Closeted chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
Sad. This was really sad.

I loved the WTF kiss. Very sweet.

This really was a good one-shot. I liked it very muchly.

well done!

xoxo
NovelJ chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
You know even though it appears Eden is at fault for injuring Bailey I feel bad for him. They're both suffering...even though I'd be interested to see what happens in their lives I think this works well as a one shot.
Spinning Jenny chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
Great one-shot for Freak-of-Spade. Kinda angsty but it's still really well written.
Freak-of-Spade chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
I love this.

I LOVE this.

No, i mean it. I seriously love this. I love how beautifully it's written, i love how poetic your use of language is, i love how skillfully you're painted characters in such a short piece of writing (it takes me chapters and chapters to develope MY characters _
Sundown chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
An interesting short little piece! i'm starting to read through more and more entries since I found the c2 and It's so fascinating to see how different each one is! I actually really quite like the characterisation of Beth...I found her intriguing. You have some gorgeous descriptions! great piece!