Reviews for Andrew
Devon Pitlor chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
I liked the clarity of this writing so much! Each sentence has at least one detail that helps mold Andrew. This is much better that what someone might call "teenage writing." It has a sense of detachment too that your other two reviewers did not see. The girl on the bicycle that passes...but only rarely and the boy that she wonders about, but is "okay" with wondering because CONNECTION is the most difficult thing we have in life, and this narrator is going to go on living with or without connection. This is better than you probably think it is! I mean that as a sincere compliment. The detail-laden, straighforward style really is you. And it does not matter what age you were when you wrote it. The talent shines through!
The Hippie Nerd chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
Wow- you definitely know how to paint a picture with words. The scene came alive so vibrantly, I was able to close my eyes and see it before me perfectly. Even if you don't know this Andrew, you depict him in such a fascinating way, now I want to meet him too. It's not so much a story, or a poem, but somehow it forms a whole and really works. Now you have me wondering about this Andrew fellow!

Bravo .
WonderWing chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
A good piece, poetic and inspired...

The last paragraph seemed a little too choppy, too much even for the style of your writing, but other than that this was a pleasant piece to read. I occasionally think like a poet and write poems, but it seems to me like you think kind of poetic all the time, ya know? I like the fact that you mentioned yourself quite a few times, yes, but overall this was a poem about someone else, someone higher up than you, in your eyes. I think it's quite beautiful.