Reviews for A Suitable Lover
Gweatherwax chapter 17 . 3/22
Jfc the way this whole stripping of Skip's dignity and whoring his drawings was dealt in such a contrived, shallow way it simply killed the entire story for me. Sorry, I can't read anything past Marcus agreeing with Roxy that it was fine and dandy to emotionally rape Skip AGAIN just because his drawings were "good". These people have all treated the guy like shit and don't care for him at all, and now the supposed lover sees him as less than a person too. Nobody even THINKS of apologizing at all and that's seen as natural and the correct way to deal with people. Sorry, it's not.
Gweatherwax chapter 16 . 3/22
Holy shit this story is chock full of the most disrespectful, selfish, shallow assholes ever. Everyone but Skip, Angel and maybe Marcus is straight out of the Kardashians. Horrible people all of them.
Guest chapter 21 . 2/2
Finally I finished this story in just a day , I was morbidly fascinated by it. I really love Skip and even Marcus is acceptable but all the friends are so pathetic, I hate each one of them but Gabe and Dwayne( sorry I forgot his name) are totally disgusting,petty and selfish. I wanted some acknowledgement after Dwayne confession about Skip, Gabe to feel alittle something for his old friend but there was just nothing. Then I thought maybe it's been so many years, they don't even think about Skip anymore, but God Gabe did bitch about skip at any opportunity he got, even to that Freddie guy and Dwayne attitude was totally wrong, in almost ten years he never get the chance to clarify anything and his bad attitude just left it hanging there for everyone to see that he was the wronged one,hell skip was even expelled and everything involving his parents and Dwayne still had the audacity to feel offended. And in the last chapter, how it is showed that gabe and his boyfriend were even part of his family teared me up. I really want them to suffer. I know Skip was not perfect in any way but the way everyone around him treated him like a trash , no wonders he was so messed up. Simon was at least tolerable as he had something to get angry over but he was least of all the mean ppl around. And I was thinking, that Dwayne had to go to therapy again to tolerate him when they started sharing the same friends circled but the way he backstabbed Skip with the phone calls showed the lowness of his character. I just hate him so much.
Lastly I did enjoy your story, no other story on fictionpress has made me feel so indignant and angry about the characters and I have never cried with anger over the injustices faced by the MC so thanks for writing this story. And I am giving Gabe and his bf a really bad ending in my mind so I can enjoy the ending overall.
clarbret chapter 17 . 9/6/2015
Wow, every single "friend" Marcus or Skip had is an utter asshole. Each one except maybe Isaac are manipulative, controlling, whiny, pushy and in the case of Roxy a delusional thieving bitch. Marcus had it right when he told Skip his friends had all let him down. They all continue to do so in their self serving way. Marcus should have kicked every person out, taken down the art and helped Skip, but once again every other person is a waste of space trying to manipulate and push him where they really should back off. They are horrible people.
clarbret chapter 10 . 9/6/2015
So far I've really enjoyed this story. Skip is a very relatable character, though I wish he'd tell Patrick off. I would have dropped Patrick completely as a friend after all the manipulation he did. He's definitely not a good friend.
iamthepassenger chapter 21 . 8/27/2015
I have no words
iamthepassenger chapter 20 . 8/27/2015
I'M IN PHYSICAL PAIN
iamthepassenger chapter 17 . 8/27/2015
Oh my God, they're just horrible people. Horrible, horrible, horrible. I'm screaming. I'm wishing death upon people that don't exist. Skip is a beautiful angel child compared to these hellbeasts.
iamthepassenger chapter 15 . 8/27/2015
I hope Marcus runs over all these people with a bus and takes Skip away somewhere fluffy. Seriously, all of them are literal shit. Apparently, that includes Patrick. Why do you want me to hate all but two of these characters?
toshica chapter 21 . 4/1/2015
Up until the change in tone I felt really sad. I don't even know how to explain it. Skip being Skip. I didn't expect this story to go the way that it did. It had very melancholy moments and chapters and chapters that left me almost crying. Sounds weird right? Skip is definitely misunderstood but I'm honestly glad Marcus called him out on his bullshit.
semantics chapter 21 . 11/1/2014
okay. wow. I just finished reading all 21 chapters. You caught me in from the start; the quirky lines, the connection and fluidity of your writing, the witty remarks. The character development, too. Skip's self sacrificing attitude also hits a bit close to home, and I realize that what we've all want is our own Marcus- someone who believes in us even when we don't believe in ourselves. I loved the cast- Simon, Patrick, and Isaac especially, and I love the light hearted nature of your writing. Seriously- like everyone getting together at the same time, who met at the same place? ;) it was an amazing read, and each chapter was able to fully reveal things about the characters I've never known before. I've also read The Raw and the Cooked, and I must say that was wonderful as well. Great job on all your writings, and I hope to read more from you in the future.
naruhina2500 chapter 21 . 9/29/2014
the way this story ended really left me baffled! i kept expecting everyone to realize that skip wasn't the person that they thought he was and that everyone would realize that everything that's ever happened between them has been a huge misunderstanding, but it didn't. everyone just continued with their lives thinking skip was this horrible person! i mean i couldn't stand the way Dewayne ( think i spelled that right ) hated skip just because he made a mistake. i mean what kind of decent human being can let someone else be accused of being a rapist and not do anything about it! then on top of that answering the phone as Gabe and not letting simon reconcile with skip. then there's gabe! the nerve of him, saying that skip was his best friend then abandoning him without even finding out his side of the story. what a douche! and Simon gah. admittedly he was able to forgive skip somewhat but it was years too late in the making and the damage had already been done. Parris though was the icing on the cake. seducing skip (who was partially to blame for the problem too) and then convincing himself with that lame ass explanation that it wasn't really his fault, made my blood boil! there are a lot more people i could go on a tangent about, but what really gets to me though is that no one will ever know the truth! everyone is just gonna keep dancing around skip and believing that he's as horrible as they all made him out to be when really they are the monsters. I hope one day that everything gets outed and they all just realize what horrible, low-down scumbags they are! or at least have Marcus confronting them about their behavior anyways,and that they realize that skip is the best person in the world with a beautiful heart of gold and feel guilty for the rest of their lives. but sigh, this is probably never going to happen no matter how much i spew venom for the assholes in this story because and i should probably stop before my review gets any longer. but i really did love this story despite the characters and im happy that skip is finally starting to heal a bit and has let Marcus in. he deserves the world and you're an amazing writer for getting me to feel all these things.
ArthurAlbionKirkland chapter 21 . 4/29/2014
HOW the HECK is this supposed to be funny? I almost cried through the whole thing!
But I like it. I do. Skip is so painful to read, though.
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 17 . 3/21/2014
I hate everyone in this story. Everyone, except Skip. They're horrible people who would be shocked if they stopped congratulating themselves for a moment and took the time to discover how ugly they really are inside. Who do they think they are to neglect, even after years have gone by, finding the real cause of the problem they all love hating Skip for. These fucking people... bunch of useless friends is what they are. And useless human beings. I can say this, because I know they'll all get an ending far more happy than they deserve at this stage in their lives, and because this is fiction anyway.
Guest chapter 10 . 1/5/2014