Reviews for A Suitable Lover
JudasMonster chapter 20 . 7/13/2011
I forgot to bitch about the characters.

The parents (Skip's): Wtf is wrong with these people? Throwing him out and then saying he left on purpose? Hiding all that stuff from him? God. They treat him like shit (but who doesn't. Ahaha.).

Devyne/Gabe: Oh wow. Devyne would answer Gabe's phone and pretend to be him? That's fucking weird. I hope Gabe leaves him one day; just like he fears. And god, Gabe? You little shit. Skip was like what? 14/15? You got everyone believing Skip was some sort of rapist and you basically ruined many of his relationships. Then you have the gall to punch him? Lawl.

Simon: Really? You kick Skip out without him explaining himself to you? Yet you keep Parris around? Wtf? Ik Skip tends to run away from things, but you should've kknown and pursued him. Keeping all his shit too? Wow... And the way you worked him the last few chapters... He's your employee, not a slave. (Or is Skip just too meek to talk about his work load?)

Parris: Sexual deviant who fucked up Skip's relationship. You had a "plan" to get them back together after getting what you wanted from Skip? Despicable. As if your plan was justification.

Roxy: You stupid bitch. You hold a grudge on Skip for no particular reason? Wow...

Eh, I'm done. Can't remember any other characters my fingers hurt. Typed out 1400 characters on my phone...

JudasMonster chapter 21 . 7/13/2011
Aha, I like how your writing sounds so cynical, almost sarcastic.

I thought there was a lot of action but not a lot of emotional stuff.

Isn't that kinda cliche? Ending the story with promises of future sexual endeavors? Lol.

I wish there were more chapters that played on Skip's inferiority complex and how it made him feel. Meh.

I must be retarded. I assumed both charactrs were middle class white males up till the parents visit...

Skip's grooming practices are quite fascinating to say the least. (in reference to his ministrations prior to meeting Marcus's parents)

Writing seemed stiff and unemotional, idk.. Maybe I'm just too lovey-dovey and ignorant about how the world works.

Oh my poor idealistic views of humanity and love.

Now I'm just rambling...

JudasMonster chapter 16 . 7/13/2011
Ooh. At first I thought Roxy was going to fuck everything up by taking the letter and pictures, but she's not, right?

She's gonna show em off at the gallery and Skip will become an artist or someshit to fix his uneployment dilemma? Or maybe to show off his talent/feelings whatever.

God, I'm a genius _

eymundi chapter 21 . 6/10/2011
The humor in your stories bubbles through in every chapter. I have to laugh or at least grin as I am reading. Sometimes my special man is near and I read to him a few sentences and we laugh together. Thanks for another wonderful story.
eymundi chapter 18 . 6/10/2011
"Is it better if someone figures out you're not right for them earlier on and ditches you right away or if you get a long time with them, like even twenty years or more before they realize they can't stand you anymore? Which is more disruptive?" There was a little hitch on the last word, as if Skip had nearly said "destructive" but decided it was too much.

This is like therapy. I find myself doing this even after 24 years, and I know for sure, when I actually think about it, that it is crazy. I think you have struck on something a lot of people work through, or not, as they experience the ups and downs of their relationships.
eymundi chapter 16 . 6/10/2011
"Tortured artist. As usual, tortured by his own stupid hand more than anything else."

This is the theme I keep seeing in your stories; and it is so universal, and frustrating too, and it makes your characters real. It is painful to watch, since I seem to identify with them strongly. You are making this reader look at himself, dredging up and re-examining old issues and opportunities, and current ones as well.
Eileen Lufkin chapter 21 . 6/9/2011
I enjoyed reading A Suitable Lover.
understand chapter 9 . 6/5/2011
I usually wait until I'm done reading a completed story to review but I'm actually in tears because of your writing and poor skip. He tries so hard to make everyone happy but no one wants to try hard enough to make him happy.

-weeps like a child-
Muffy the Dough Slayer chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
I absolutely adore this story! These two are so cute together! I know on your profile you said you failed as a writer because people took it seriously, but honestly, you didn't fail. It's an excellent story, and I really really really really really love it. That people get so into the characters and the story, that means it's truly wonderful, so congrats! I love it! I really wish there was a sequel...hint-hint :D
Averick chapter 21 . 2/27/2011
Skip's parents are JERKS! I mean, who does that? Just makes their kid leave, doesn't talk to them hardly anymore, doesn't tell them about a new sibling, and lets people just go around thinking he's dead? JERKS!

Marcus's mother and father are cool. His sister is rude. Her boyfriend is...amusing, lol. he acts kinda rude but then again not really, so yeah, haha. I don't think I like Patrick anymore. I loved him at the beginning, but then how he was behaving, sorta ignoring Skip? Bye bye Patrick (he's still cool but yeah). I don't like Gabe. I thought I did but he's all angry for nothing. Dwayne is...very amusing, in a dark kind of way, haha. He scowls all the time. Parris is kinda...strange. I like him but then again I don't.

POOR POOR POOR SKIP! He thinks he's the problem for everything :( He's always apologizing and thinking he's not good enough...I blame his old friends and family.

But then yay! Marcus is there to help :D And he's so supportive! And protective! I love it!

GREAT STORY! Is there a sequel? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me there is!
Arillian chapter 21 . 2/7/2011
I really liked the story, but there are some parts I have problems with. People didn’t apologies to Skip. Devane (I’m sure I got that name wrong) and Gabe were the worst. Devane used him to steal his best friend, got everyone to believe Skip was a rapist, didn’t stand up for him when he got thrown out of school, took his room in his parents’ home, didn’t tell him he had a sister and made sure he never got back together with Simon. Gabe was pretty much just as bad. Then they have the nerve to hate him for years and years? I find them to be absolutely disgusting. They never even apologised. Nothing. It feels like Skip was spat at and stepped on and that he didn’t get cleared from the charges. All secrets didn’t come out into the light. I wanted him to be justified. Lol, I feel like I can’t express it well. He was unjustly treated for so long and it feels like much of it didn’t get “avenged”. If anything, Devane should have been the one with the black eye, not Skip. Skip was wrong in being unfaithful, but the rest just wasn’t his fault.

Anyway, I loved this story. It was so sad and angsty. I just wished it hadn’t ended so sadly. Now I won’t be able to stop thinking about if for days, maybe even two weeks. Well, now I’m off to see if there is anything else you’ve written I can sink into :3 hugs!
Arillian chapter 4 . 2/6/2011
I've only reached chapter 4 but, I don't know if my hormons are all messed up, but this story makes me want to cry. Broken, broken Skip.

I love this story.
5redroses chapter 21 . 8/9/2010
This is an amazing story in the way it explores personality and assumption and keeps you guessing right until the very end. Skip leaves me with an aching heart because of the way he lets himself be treated and does it with a smile; I'm so glad he's no longer alone.
jag finns inte chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
I'm not very far in but so far it seems a tad like Queer as Folk... than again I compair everything to queer as folk...
thistlepaws chapter 21 . 6/8/2010
I've read this story twice now, a month or so apart. I don't think I like it, yet I came back to it so maybe I do. I know that makes no sense. I almost didn't ;eave a review because I wasn't sure how to explain what I feel.

I really really like Skip, and Marcus too and I'm happy they are together. As far as most of the other characters go though, there seems to be a lack of closure. Skip's parents are unbelievable. They've treated him so shabbily and betrayed him time and time again. I was so disappointed in them and in Gabe and Simon and especially Dwayne. I guess a good story teller can really make the characters get under the reader's skin and you've definitely done that to me.

I know you mentioned in your profile that you need to rework the story and that parts are missing so I'm hoping that you will.

We never find out why Christopher is now calling himself Skip and we never find out if things are resolved between Skip and his "friends". Frankly since this has been going on since grade 10 I'm not sure things can be salvaged but Skip will be forced to see these people regularly as long as he's with Marcus and works for Simon. Maybe Marcus will have to step in and bang some heads together.

As you said in your profile that you're going to clean it up and fix the ending, I'm going to alert this story. I'd love to read it when you've sorted it out. The main characters are written so well and the story has so much going for it.
174 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »