Reviews for A Suitable Lover
VelvetyCheerio chapter 19 . 4/17/2009
Haha, Zora is something else. :P

Is this chapter shorter than your usual chapters? It feels like it, really weird...

Though, I am glad I got the chance to review.

Skip is such a rabbit, I love him. He gets so worked up about the littlest things, and then when everything really happens, it really does look like he's just blowing it out of proportion.

Ha! To think that Marcus's mother was Skip's counsellor and Dwayne's and Simon's. XD Oh, what a small world.

Well, it was nice to meet most of Marcus's family, can't wait to meet the dad. Great chapter,I loved it. :D

Velvet.
frogs of war chapter 19 . 4/17/2009
Oh the dreaded meet the family. Hopefully, Skip hits it off with Dad. Otherwise this evening going to be awkward start to finish.
kepteinen chapter 19 . 4/16/2009
Don't like Zora. : Thanks for sharing.
JerryOnigiri chapter 19 . 4/16/2009
Thanks for the update! Marcus' family seem so scary. It's such a crazy coincidence that his mom was Skip's counselor. I hope he didn't tell her anything that would make him look bad now. I can't wait for more as always.
Ocotillo chapter 19 . 4/16/2009
You know, as much as SF is a special love of mine, I think this is my favorite story of yours. It is just so easy to *be* Skip, to identify with him, and deeply feel what he does. I don't know how much of that is writing style versus Skip's particular personality, but it is real. I just find myself totally absorbed into this story when I read it.

The timer on my pasta buzzed about halfway through and it was really hard to pull myself away and keep it from overcooking...
Seize The Stars chapter 19 . 4/16/2009
Been following this story since around the beginning. It's still going strong.

I love the characters. Skip is one of the more realistic (possibly most) I've read; his actions, thoughts, emotions, reactions, etc. I really sympathized with him and hoped things would end for the best with him. I think you have a talent for that in your stories; I feel the same way about Mickey, anticipating and hanging off their words, hoping they won't make a blunder and worsen their situation. The characterization of all the characters is great; their actions aren't questionable to their character and they're all very realistic. I think the relationship between Skip and Marcus is natural as well; it's not the fake, so in love you don't believe it, but one that developed into a close... Well - everything's good! There were typos scattered throughout the story, though. Here're the ones I spotted in this chapter:

-trying avoid nicks

TO avoid nicks.

-Even though that was exactly what he was, he couldn't help thinking.

I was? Since he’s thinking that, he wouldn’t refer to himself in the third person.

-Then:"The surprising thing is that you're actually wearing the stuff I got you and ready to go on time. I figured I was going to have to argue with you all over again."

Was the then and the awkward colon use necessary? You didn’t reall need them.

-pig n mud.

N – in.

-inlaw."

Dash between them.

-he could tell he was by no means putting himself above the Hand household.

I don’t remember Marcus’ last name being Hand. Is it?

-"Nice to meet you," skip said,

Should be capitalized.

-The fireplace had a gas fire in it, Skip noted with approval: better for the environment in every way than a gas fire.

Did I miss something? So the gas fire is better for the environment… than a gas fire? Typo?

was really a small town.

Missing a space before "It."

[Marcus's sister, surely, she had all the elegant features]

Is the she necessary?

-"So . . ." Zora started, pushing Roger around so that he made a kind of standing chair for her to lean against, "You really don't look like a Marcus boy."

The comma after against is incorrect. If you were continuing the first quotation, then you shouldn’t be capitalized, but I think it’d work better if you just ended the sentence with a period; so a period after against.

Awesome chapter! Update as soon as you can.
Cafebookworm chapter 19 . 4/16/2009
Um, wow. I know it's early and we haven't met Marcus's dad yet but I'm not a huge fan of his family so far...Zora's kind of a bitch -.- Poor Skip, I'd feel really uncomfortable if I were him.
centerfold chapter 19 . 4/16/2009
[The fireplace had a gas fire in it, Skip noted with approval: better for the environment in every way than a gas fire.] Is one of those meant to be wood fire? Because it seems to me that a gas fire cannot really be better for the environment than a gas fire.

But other than that. Yeyy, another chapter. Good, as always. I'm loving Skip and Marcus together. Not that there were really any other possibilities for pairings that would make anyone happy, but yeah. They're cute together. And woah, Marie. Small world, indeed.
xXSingleRedTearXx chapter 19 . 4/16/2009
Wow, I totally wanted to slap Zora. Seriously. Accept now it's made me all nervous! Can't wait for the next chapter. )
Pinnacle of Pan chapter 18 . 4/9/2009
This story is very well written. There are a few typos spattered around but the storyline and the charactors are awesome. The scene when Skip was describing why everyone hated him and Marcus realised/confurmed that Skip hadn't done anything to deserve the amount of guilt he was fealing I teared up a little. It was a beautiful scene.
Vera Dicere chapter 18 . 3/9/2009
i really love this story. i found it after reading 'raw and cooked' [which i also enjoyed, but failed to review, because i don't always] and i'm glad i did. i liked the way that pieces to the puzzle were slowly revealed. it really made the characters grow on me, skip in particular. i was utterly drawn into him towards the end of this, before things started going well with him and marcus. i just wanted to hug him sometimes. and i really am glad that marcus didn't just take his first impression of skip and leave it at that. i was almost upset at reaching the end of this until i remembered reading in your profile that this isn't quite the end- i'm definitely looking forward to the rest of it, so i've added you to my alerts. :)
Midnights Scream chapter 18 . 3/1/2009
oh my god. Skip is exhausting. I think he needs help, but how to help him. I like that Marcus is trying so hard to reassure Skip. :) it's great!
VelvetyCheerio chapter 18 . 2/15/2009
*squeals* I'm so glad this isn't the last chapter. I couldn't see the story ending here unless you made it extra super douper long and I probably would have died somewhere along the way if I tried to read a chapter like that. XD

Aww, Skip is going to meet the parent's! What does he think of that? Tis a chapter of mainly Marcus, so Skip's feelings and thoughts were mysterious. All the better, I say. Now I'm just going to wait in anticipation.

Aww, Marcus is so sweet, I love him. And Skip needs to stop being paranoid. Though, I can see where he's coming from, but he should totally take Patrick's advice. Er, question/philosophy thing. Whatever. He should think on what Patrick said!

As for his job with Simon, I hope he takes it. He deserves good things, after all the bad things. That's what I say, anyway. Great chapter, I adored it and I'm glad you updated. Excellent work.

Velvet.
Cattails chapter 18 . 2/9/2009
Another chapter? Yay! Well, I think Skip's making some progress, at least! He's still sticking around :3 Ah, Marcus is good for him XD I think they're destined for a long, happy, slightly dysfunctional relationship. They're very cute. ...although right now I think Skip's about to go crazy. Or something like that. Oh, and meeting Marcus' family? Yay! There's hope, yet! Maybe he can finally convince Skip he means business. :3
Ocotillo chapter 17 . 2/9/2009
Re what Frogs said - I saw a couple of startling scene breaks... think that FP ignores extra line breaks and I think it ignored squiggles on me too. It does seem to take my number signs (#) though.

And if FP isn't going to allow more than one review per chap, they should at least allow immediate review edits...
174 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »