Reviews for A Suitable Lover
VelvetyCheerio chapter 13 . 1/1/2009
Well, that was a very honest to God conversation there. Though, I think Marcus was asking way too many questions and not giving Skip the chance to ask any himself. Meanie. XD

The past is still very sketchy to me, like there are things that are still so fuzzy, so hard to understand, that no one can remember because they've chosen to forget. It makes the story so much more mysterious. I love it!

Hmm, I wonder if anything is going to happen from Marcus staying over the night. Maybe, maybe not. We'll see in the next chapter. Excellent work.

DiamondKing chapter 13 . 12/29/2008
How naive I was to suggest that a simple kiss was the source of the...uh...'dislike' between Skip and Dwayne. Poor Skip...his only crime was being an awkward teen, to tell the truth. And is all too clear that his past with Dwayne and Simon both has really scarred him...perhaps the events with Dwayne more so than Simon.
DiamondKing chapter 12 . 12/29/2008
Wow, so Skip kissed Dwayne when they were younger, Dwayne got upset, and Gabe blew it out of proportion. Nice.
DiamondKing chapter 11 . 12/29/2008
Sheesh, no love for Skip at all? Except potentially/possibly Marcus. Poor Skip. I'm curious about the things that he did in the past; hopefully we can have a big reveal soon?

And Freddy...that man really is a source of curiosity. He seems to be rather knowledgeable...hm...
DiamondKing chapter 9 . 12/29/2008
Another great chapter! Along with things I said earlier, there is a lot of humor in the story that I enjoy. For example: "the Salsipuedes neighborhoods came in Outer, Lower, and New: there were no Inner, Upper, or Old Salsipuedes neighborhoods" that made me chuckle. Parris...ugh, that guy, I like him but then I don't. He seems like the catalyst for a lot of things that have happened than that is about to happen...truly a curiosity. Oh well, can't wait to read more, and so I shall...
DiamondKing chapter 8 . 12/29/2008
I just wanted to say that this is a very well written story. Both in your word usage and your portrayal of character; I honestly do find myself feeling for Skip yet at the same time feeling and understanding Marcus's confusion. All of your characters feel very real and I like that. This is a great story, and while I probably should have reviewed every chapter up to this one (as I'm reading it all in one sitting) I was feeling a little lazy :)

Anyways, great work!
midnights scream chapter 16 . 12/29/2008
Oh no Roxy! Don't do it! they're not to be displayed! Skip and Marcus are finally at least going to try to be a couple. :) It's so great!
JerryOnigiri chapter 16 . 12/29/2008
My heart completely fell when Roxy found that envelope and although I know she is going to screw things up a bit, I really felt better after Skip and Marcus talked. I think that Skip just needs to learn to talk abut his problems and then there wouldn't be so many misunderstandings. Thanks for the update! It was great!
crack the sky chapter 16 . 12/29/2008
wait, so are skip and marcus together now?

FINALLY!

they make a great couple when they're not fighting about something, lol.

i really like it!
kiki19857 chapter 16 . 12/29/2008
oh no! i hope nothing bad would happen in the next chapter...
VelvetyCheerio chapter 12 . 12/28/2008
Well. That was, very interesting. It was terrible, though, cause everyone was losing everyone and then Skip left without Marcus? Why? Argh! Those two make me want to pull my hair out.

Ah well. At least Gabe and Dwayne might be getting along on easier terms. Uh, I'll save the next three chapters for another time, but good job on these ones. I just can't help but wonder when we find out another secret in Skip's life.

VelvetyCheerio chapter 11 . 12/28/2008
What the freak? When is someone getting a black eye and didn't Kevin say he couldn't go to the party? Lying bastard. Uh, everyone is making Skip feel so down. And who is this Roxy? I officially don't like her, especially if she used to be friends with Skip and now she's not.

Well, okay, on to the next chapter before I get a tumor. XD Good work.

VelvetyCheerio chapter 10 . 12/28/2008
Finally! Marcus and Skip can go to the party together. Things better not go wrong from there. And the relationship between Gabe and Dwayne doesn't look like it's getting any better. I hope they work something out by the start of the party.

Good work. Velvet.
VelvetyCheerio chapter 9 . 12/28/2008
Marcus needs to curl up in a corner and die somewhere. Can't he do anything right? Uh! They were so close, so freakin' close, and then he said something stupid. Idiot!

Well, I still want to see what happens at the party, cause it sounds exciting. Hooray, I'm going to get three chapters done and I'll be in the double digits!

Phew, but it's been a good read so far. To see how far each character has come is amazing. Good work.

VelvetyCheerio chapter 8 . 12/28/2008
Hmm. I can't help but wonder how all of this is going to work out for Skip. He's obviously in turmoil with himself about feelings he shouldn't have, but the he thinks that Marcus doesn't even like him anymore. Sigh. I'd be content with them just being friends if they would stop avoiding each other!

I'll try and get through as many chapters as I can today, but I don't know. Good work. Every characters thoughts were so deeply planned out. Loved it.

174 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »