Reviews for Music In The Madness
Usuicross chapter 5 . 2/5/2012
Dear, why would you stop writing such an amazing piece? It's beautiful, really, and you are doing no justice to it.

Please update soon, even though it has been almost two years since you have.

Imika
YasuRan chapter 5 . 6/3/2011
Courtesy of the Review Marathon (link in my profile).

Firstly, I like that your description of Addi doesn't match the generic target of one's obsessive desire's appearance. Despite her hold on Thomas' affections, she is very much an ordinary woman in that regard. It leaves plenty of scope for exploring something deeper in their connection.

However, the transition of this relationship is quite rushed for my liking in this chapter. There is little to support Addi's sudden support of Thomas' beliefs. I can believe someone to be naive and trusting but allowing him into her place like that is very unrealistic for an adult woman.
YasuRan chapter 4 . 6/3/2011
Courtesy of the Review Marathon (link in my profile).

As with the previous chapter, I think this one could have been longer to elaborate on an interesting scene. Again, the dialogue could have been construed to fit this requirement, with enough nuances inserted to highlight the strangeness of Thomas and Addi's relationship as well as the new twists it takes in this update.

I also found a few odd phrasings. 'The slot in the bottom of the door slid open' should be 'The slot at the bottom of the door...'. In the last paragraph, there is mention of a door 'clanking'. I think a better word could have been used as a substitute to fit in with the tension that this scene builds up to. 'Clank' sounds a tad bit clumsy.
YasuRan chapter 3 . 6/3/2011
Courtesy of the Review Marathon (link in my profile).

I'm not quite fond of the chapter length. The choppy effect of the scene jars with the previous chapters which were more evenly paced. I think you could have taken your time and elaborated on the conversation with Addi: for instance, writing out the introduction as supposed to implying it. The conversation itself doesn't have to be so long but it does have to be snappier to compensate for that. The dialogue started off strong but dwindled towards the end. This made the scene feel a bit abrupt, incomplete.
YasuRan chapter 2 . 6/3/2011
Courtesy of the Review Marathon (link in my profile).

Ah, so the potential love interest has arrived? I can definitely get a strong 'Phantom of the Opera' vibe through your settings. For instance, the darkness of both Thomas' mind and his surroundings hinting at the story's theme. More obviously, there is the song you mentioned, that being of the classical opera genre. I liked that the latter wasn't overdone with only a line or two of the song mentioned. Too many would have rendered the scene overly melodramatic which of course wouldn't have been too becoming of a written tale. It also keeps with the entailment of mystery. Good work.
YasuRan chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Courtesy of the Review Marathon (see link in my profile).

I'm enjoying the suspense so far. Allendorf is quite an interesting character from what little we've seen of him so far. His present state gives one enough room to wonder as to how it came to be so, along with his apparently priveleged background. I like the 'relationship' you've portrayed of he and his piano; well-written and easy to relate to. It adds a good amount of sympathy for the protagonist as well.

The inclusion of the last two sentences completes the despairing atmosphere that has been hinted at earlier, not to mention offering a small but sharp look into Allendorf's mind and circumstances.
S. M. Saves chapter 4 . 1/4/2009
Short chapter but nice cliffhanger. This is definitely a great build to the next chapter! :)
Harsh Notes chapter 4 . 12/24/2008
*GASP* You tease. Stop that.
Harsh Notes chapter 3 . 12/21/2008
Damn it! Damn you! Why won't you come back and finish this? It's so good.
Harsh Notes chapter 2 . 12/21/2008
That was crazy. I can picture this happening. I would love to see this on film.
Harsh Notes chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
That's a pretty good start. I can't wait to read more.
Sienna-Marie chapter 3 . 10/14/2008
I absolutely LOVE phantom of the opera! This story is beautiful so far! Well written and interesting! Please update soon!

-SM
S. M. Saves chapter 2 . 10/11/2008
"Who are you?": What a way to end a chapter! It's such a dramatic cliffhanger. :) And at such a climax too.

Just a thought I'm throwing out there: Try putting the sung lyrics in italics to separate it from general dialogue. It may even add some more dramatic affair to them.

Till the next chapter,

S. M. Saves
Adrian Richard Utt Baker chapter 2 . 10/6/2008
Great! Excellent! I am once again intrigued! Keep writing! You keep me on task, which is good.
Adrian Richard Utt Baker chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
Wow! I love stuff like thi! Phantom was an excilent book and an even better opera. Write more soon.