Reviews for The Rothwell Redemption
Ponder000 chapter 5 . 6/10/2009
The - at the end of many of her thoughts is quite distracting, like she'll be thinking some solemn thought but the dash at the end makes it sound like she was thinking really fast.
Written chapter 2 . 10/19/2008
wow, very cool. enjoyed the second person pov as I dont see it often. the feeling of going to a new school is portrayed brilliantly here, and I love when Nash is all telling his sister they cant talk to each other.

I wish I'd been cool enough to call someone "dragon lady" when I was in grade school. I definitely wasnt.

anyway, this is a great piece. you show the character's fear and... tentative...ness? well.
Written chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
wow, really nice. I like the use of present tense in first person POV; I think it makes for an interesting, immediate sound, and yeah, it's quite cool.

Love the drama about moving away from home, and the concept of what a home is. and the end is fantastic. really leaves you with the mood set.
frozen phalanges chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
oh, wow. i can really feel the emotion coming through here. its very different from ymtu, but i like it. looking forward to reading darcys backstory.
sesquipedalian chapter 1 . 9/30/2008
...is really quite brilliant.

I love your style of writing. It has a rhythmic, almost patterned feel to it; or maybe that's just the twisted way I perceive it. In any case, it's good. It's very solid and realistic but at the same time it's shifting and fluid and hard to hold on to.

It's presumptuous of me to say this, but I empathize with Darcy, the crushing hollowness that you write about. I look forward to reading more. Stories with this kind of complex genuine emotion in them aren't common.

Curious as to the title, but I suppose that will be understood with time. Is Rothwell Darcy's surname?