Reviews for The Once Best Man
Dark Lynnette chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
Good stuff. Not usually a fan of people stopping weddings last minute when they had multiple chances in advance, but it worked here and I was only annoyed for two or three paragraphs. But it's better to stop or attempt to stop something that you think might be a mistake, right? No regrets and all that jazz.

Perfect angst and fun mixture. Thanx.
Nezrin chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
I'm pretty surprised this doesn't have enough reviews! This is wonderful: the situation is light despite the seriousness of Sebastian's problem. Jen is very amazing too; it's nice that she took everything with grace.

This is so wonderful, gripping, beautiful, and so very real. Great job! I hope to read more from you. :)
frogs of war chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
The characters are gripping and so is the situation, but I could have used a few chapter breaks as I wasn’t able to read this all at once.

I got lost somewhere about which one has the red hair and which one the brown, same with the eye colors for a while I thought they both had green only I was sure I'd remembered a blue), so your “After a moment the redhead pulled away… and the brunette retreated in answer” told me absolutely nothing.

Ah, Caleb has the dark hair and Sebastian the red? So who is taller? I thought Caleb was, but then I read “the taller of the two found himself… his friend’s hand on his shoulder. That hand – no matter how masculine it was – felt fine there.” So it sounds like Sebastian, but I thought he was the small pretty one. But then again “letting the smooth skin of his neck and chin press against Sebastian’s cheek” sounds like Caleb is tall enough that his chin is level with Sebastian’s cheek.

Using names would have been less confusing (a proper name will almost never do you wrong) but this doesn’t really matter because I like the story anyway. The scene in the rain brought tears to my eyes.

I can’t imagine the logistics of postponing a formal wedding (they are in tuxes so it has to be formal) the caterer and all that food that was cooked and wouldn’t last three days, the rented church and reception hall that you have to make a reservation for six months in advance, the priest, pastor, rabbi who will be busy in three days, the chairs and the rented tuxes and the limo (if there is one) and all the people who took time off work to come see you on your special day, but will have to be back in the office on Monday, etc.

I like Jen. She’s taking this pretty well all things considered. At least she knew Cabel was gay, even if Sebastian and Ellen didn't.

Great story. Whenever you get more stories up I would love to read them.
kepteinen chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
HOLY BUTTFUCK IN A BOTTLE, THAT WAS AMAZING.
Deadly-moons chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
This story should have a LOT more reviews. It's great, and I love Caleb's sense of humor.

Sappy McCheesesauce... Ehehehe
Kaybug150 chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
This story is wonderful. Romantic, sad. . . And I loved one line in it. The one that said:

'The best man laid his hands on the groom’s shoulders and kissed him.'

In my opinion, that's just great writing.
JtheChosen1 chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
awesome work! luved reading all of it!