Reviews for Make Some Noise
ohgod chapter 3 . 12/8/2011
YYOOOOUUUU MMMMUUUUUUSSSSST WWWWRRRRRRIIITTTTTTEEEEEE MMMOOOOOOOORRRRRREEEEE!

please?
sayxwhatx9 chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Wow, I think I just spent fifteen minutes trying to figure out how to leave a review. Shows how much time I spend here ...

It looks ... wow. It just looks incredible. I stumbled upon your page doing an image search - of all things - for my /own/ story ... and here you are! It looks great. I think it's going to be one of those stories I just can't get enough of...

Kat
centenarian chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Great story. I love Ian.

Somehow, I don't hate Cassidy. It's understandable that people get as spoiled as her in the industry.

When are you going to update this?
IrishCarBomb chapter 3 . 10/27/2008
Liking this story so far, certainly the best way to get noticed I've heard yet, coincidentaly its also one of the best way's to get arrested I've heard.
Blueberry Sparkle chapter 3 . 10/26/2008
Ian rocks! I bet his parents would get heart attacks when they see his first performance though :D I really hope he'll reconnect with them. It really seems like he misses his family. Cassidy's okay, not the bitchiest character around, actually. She just seems a bit attention starved.
FuckMeAlice chapter 3 . 10/26/2008
Oh dear, this was really too amusing! I did not feel sympathetic at all for Cassidy throughout the entire first part. For some reason, I thought she looked exactly like Hannah Montana, so I was laughing. Yep, poor Miley... er, Cassidy, is going to have to make her music actual music.

'Their front man is a bit, um, eccentric...'

That's understating it a bit.

Ah, now I feel a bit sorry for Cassidy. It will be a bit hard to make a pop/death metal crossover, won't it? HAHAHA! That will be fun to see.

Oh, I feel sorry for everyone now. Except for Don, who seems to be very amuse with the whole situation. Who knew being an agent could be so fun?

-Stardust from the Roadhouse.
Jillian Smoke chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
I really really liked the voice in this!

Seems like the kind of person who can really dish out a good insult from time to time but also manage to be a really great friend.

OH! and i loved the ending quote.

"Gentlemen, we're going to need sparkles. Lots and lots of sparkles" lmao!
Selarose chapter 2 . 10/24/2008
Hahaha, this is hilarious! I had to chuckle when I learned the band's name was Noyzz. What ingenuity. I really like the narrator's voice. But he's seriously messed up; I mean, FAKING HIS OWN DEATH (as well as that of three others)? That's bizzare! And I don't see the point in it...

So I suspect love will blossom between Ms. Pop Star and Mr. Spandex. And, hmm...seems the parents are going to suddenly find out their children are still alive when they see their pictures plastered all over the place. :S

Well, I'm not really into the whole band thing (I've never read anything involving band members as MCs), but I think you've done well so far; it's pretty entertaining. A few misspellings here and there, and, in my opinion, the chapters are rather long, not short; but you've established a pretty solid basis, me thinks.

Selarose, down at the Roadhouse
superficialSagacity chapter 2 . 10/12/2008
heh...

interesting..

:D This Cassidy person seems like quite a character..
TheMonomaniacalGoblin chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Great pace for a first chapter; you jumped right in, not hovering over the usual things such as tedious information.

"I sighed and turned the page. How hard could it be to get a gig in this damn city? We just needed one gig—just one—and then we’d be set." Great sentence, great example of show, not tell. We already know he's in a band, and searching for a job for either financial or personal purposes.

I especially liked Ian. Something about him just captures me, he's not exactly as rough as the other guys, and is serious is being in a band. On the other hand, he's naive, in a subtle, sarcastic sort of way.

The second chapter made me laugh. Out loud. "No, I didn’t score the cop’s phone number, but I succeeded in getting out of owing a fine." And the security guards? Genius. (:

All in all, you did an awesome job of maintaining the balance between realistic and humourous, and I seriously couldn't find that many grammer or spelling issues. It's not overly cliched, which scores huge points with the Gob. Keep it up!

Also, Ian's lryics do sound a bit on the angry side, but, hey, rock group, right?

- Goblin from the Roadhouse !
FuckMeAlice chapter 2 . 10/12/2008
Oh my god. Amazing mental images all the way through.

(Nor was it the first time that we cross-dressed, I was sorry to say).

- I want to know more about this story.

I couldn't catch any grammar mistakes, and I don't think it was too short. Good job. Update soon.

-Stardust from the Roadhouse.
FuckMeAlice chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
Well, a long chapter, which is always a good thing. It makes me quite happy to see that.

Good opening sentence. Drew me right in.

(“Looking for a kind, caring individual who isn’t afraid of a little drool”).- this kind of bothers me when I look at it. you should use ' instead of " because it's a quote and not dialogue.

'...they made their neighbors’ their business'- It looks like you're missing a word there. Neighbors' lives perhaps?

I can totally relate to the narrator's small town blues. It sucks to be a city kid born into country life.

Your style and vocabulary is very sophisticated. The humour is warm and never too crude. I actually raced through all 70 words. Good job. Looking forward to seeing more.

-Stardust at the Roadhouse.
Trench Coats Suck chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
I liked the start the length is too long for a short chapter and it some points it seemed to drag on to much, but that's better then it being rushed right, so great start I like the idea to be honest anyway update when you can looking forward too more