Reviews for The Bet
fan chapter 1 . 1/5/2015
great start! could do with some beefing up. instead of describing their banter, why not write down their conversation? it would add depth and dimension to the characters.
Lady R chapter 9 . 11/24/2008
And I hope they live happily ever after.

The story was good. A little quick, at some points, I thought it left out important information, but all aroung a cute story.
Link Broken chapter 9 . 11/22/2008
last chapter, wow.

For the whole story, I thought it was very quick and was missing a lot of important detail. I thought that the actions were too sudden. Not much led up to them.

at the end, it was a bit cheesy and i had a hard time believing that Anna would just believe Gervase about lady castlereagh and the vidal. I mean, hows a sensible woman supposed to believe that when the vidal's been with her, the lady was with him, and he had already betrayed her trust? not logical at all.

good idea for a story though

Link Broken chapter 8 . 11/1/2008
aw that last sentence was so cute!

i liked this chapter a lot, it was seperate from the rest of the story in that it didnt seemed rush.

please keep writing!

~kay
vio923 chapter 8 . 10/28/2008
Great story! I hope that Anna and Gervase end up together.
Jainblu chapter 3 . 10/26/2008
There is a point in t his chapter where thea labels something as "said" rather than "sad" which i suppose is the correct term. I'm actually quite shocked by how forthright Anna is as a character.
Jainblu chapter 2 . 10/26/2008
yummy. lol! i love this story dearly.

i would like to point out that you made several mentions of "ton" and i wondered if you did not perhaps mean "town" instead.
Jainblu chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
yipee old english.

Quite a treat, I must say.

]

It's been a while since I've fallen back in to this genre . and i do love what i've perused so far.

Well done
Link Broken chapter 7 . 10/26/2008
okay it was amazing, but i have no idea what the last sentence said. and now i'm very sad :...
Link Broken chapter 6 . 10/26/2008
reminds me of jane austen
Link Broken chapter 5 . 10/26/2008
oh snap.

the fainting scene wasn't clear.

oh snap oh snap oh snap.

man that was awesome.
Link Broken chapter 4 . 10/26/2008
AH! o my gosh! can't review fast enough!

awesome awesome awesome.

the plot seems a little rush

one or 2 sentences weren't clear.

i am going to stop now so i can read the next chapter!
Link Broken chapter 3 . 10/26/2008
the drama is awesome! i love how she's like "ur just like evry1 else" and he's like "let me prove my love 2 u!"

so good.

and it's so cute cuz u can tell they're falling in love D
Link Broken chapter 2 . 10/26/2008
So good! man, this just gets better and better!

i love your writing style, it really puts you in the story.

there were some parts that i wasn't exactly clear on when the scenes transitioned, but that's it.

absolutely great!
Link Broken chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
this is really interesting! i like it a lot! it's like reading a novel. there were some parts when i didn't know who you were talking about at first and like one or two spelling mistakes, but thats it for constructive critisizm.

Awesome story, which is saying something since i dont like historical!