Reviews for Stone
RavenclawMoose chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
I love your poetry. Some of the lines of this poem seemed a bit awkward to me (especially the first part in parentheses), but I loved the overall feel. It's easy to relate to.

RM
deefective chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
Oh wow. I love the gravity that you captured with this. I can hear the deeper meaning behind your words and that really adds to the overall effect of this piece. Also, I think the way you wrote this was interesting. You took things that a regular person wouldn't neccessarily think of,

[ex. It was the sort of rock

With multiple personalities]

and made it into a deep and insightful verse. Nicely done.
Phantasmagoria Land chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
This is really vivid, and written really well. I loved this piece.
tabiboi chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
I like this. A lot. For me, it was a story about realizing that nothing is quite as important as we think it is...we attach that importance to things based on our own feelings. Now, I don't know if that's what you meant it to say, but that's what I got and I liked it a lot :)
brightest darkness chapter 1 . 10/18/2008
I loved this! I liked the fact that you put in extra lines with the parenthesis-did I spell taht right?- because parenthesis suggest there is more to something, like the line of your poem, than you are letting on. I didn't like the line "From the unnaturally bright clouded skies" because it was kind opf confusing. Were you describing the clouds as unnaturaly bright or the sky as unnaturaly bright? I'm not sure how to word it differently because I didn't know which you were describing, unless you intended for "unaturaly" to describe both. Well now I am rambleing and that is never good... the imagery is really good though. I can definately feel the surroundings.
arcane devices chapter 1 . 10/17/2008
Wow, this is possibly one of the most vivid piece I've read in a while. You have a neat style, you have a wonderful diction, you have effective formatting, you have an efficient metaphor, you have everything essential to what a great writer could be. I'm liking what I see.

arcane
she smolders chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
What I liked most about this was the feeling of an untold story behind the poem and how the ending was almost abrupt, leaving the reading wanting more.
Darksied chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Superb. I love the way you pull elements from one object to another for some of the metaphors. Not sure if it helps or not, but I also enjoy blunt poetry. Nice.

Reviews in kind, appreciated.
Jessie chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
"The world was colorless as I watched you

From four-hundred miles northwest"

...and I am breathless
Isca chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
"Trying to chase it back to the simple times..." That part was so sorrowful and beautiful!

Wow, the ending was so painful and intense, as if the music ending tore away at this person's heart so much that they couldn't bear to sit there any longer.