Reviews for From Beyond
Iris Musicia ft. Eliza Ghost chapter 3 . 11/26/2010
Ahh, this is so good :)

Maybe you could check out my story Beyond Berkeley's Grave? It's kinda similar to this, and I'd love to hear what you think.

The characters seem cool and you ended ch.3 on a cliffhanger, a favorite writers tool of my coauthor. And, if it wasn't 12:37 am, I'd write a better review cause this is great but I'm tired so words aren't my specialty at the moment. Anyway, I hope you write chapter 4 soon.

:P

-Eliza Ghost.
Icy Vampire Chick chapter 3 . 12/6/2008
Wow. The last paragraph sent me tingling with anticipation...and dread for Josh. Smooth flow all the way throughout the chapter and quite consistent. I admit I'm impressed. I have a nasty habit of skipping through reading when a writer puts chunks of paragraphs together, but your story is one of the very few that flowed so well that I had to keep reading. Good work!

Aleksytoo lazy to log in chapter 3 . 12/5/2008
Yay! An update!

I really like your writing style. I almost want to call it proper, but I'm not sure that would be right. Punctual, and precise.

I WANT MORE! Cliffhangers are evil. They hurt so good!
Ellie Stark chapter 3 . 12/5/2008
Dear lord you're good! I was hooked from the first couple of paragraphs, and the thoughts running through my head at the end of this chapter consisted of 'oh God, oh God, oh God!'

Do continue! This is automatically on my faves list because of the quality.

Ellie
boys kiss girls chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
"“You’re not in hell, Jackson. You’re here, talking to me.”"

"“Come on, this is an emergency!” Jackson shouted, and I was thankful none of my neighbours would hear him. “We have to hurry!”"

"After all, many of my customers are distraught; I didn’t see how having a plant in the corner was going to make them feel better."

Those three lines made me smile. I really liked the use of "would" instead of "could" in the second one. It's different from what people usually put, I suppose. I love how matter-of-factly this story has been. It's not overly descriptive but it doesn't lose the reader at all. Good balance, if that is, in fact, the term. :)

Also, I love that you use "midday", "letterboxes", and "cheques". Hahaha. I don't know. Because I'm weird.

I'm really sorry I didn't read this earlier. I either forgot about it or I never got the author alert for it. I obviously haven't been on FP very much until lately. I'm going to bed now, I'll read the second chapter tomorrow. But as soon as you get back from your American adventure, I fully expect you to continue with this. :)
Icy Vampire Chick chapter 2 . 10/8/2008
This was a nice chapter. Your descriptions of the police station was quite an eye opener and the character interactions were smooth and quirky - something that I really like to read about in stories. Good flow and nice ending - it made me smile somehow.

Keep updating !

Mileana chapter 2 . 10/8/2008
Finally I find a good ghost story. I love this so far. It's orginial, the characters are interesting, the mood of the story is good, the whole world of this story is made of win, your writing is extremely easy and nice to read and I just really enjoyed the first two chapters.

So yes, I feel compelled to demand of you an update. Instead, I'll give you and encouraging phrase and an exclamation mark.

Keep up the great story! There.
Elizabeth Watson chapter 2 . 10/8/2008
Okay, I adore the world you're showing us here. Instead of putting Joshua in a place where people don't believe in ghosts and he's laughed out of the police department every time he goes in like that, here's a place where the police department has a paranormal investigation unit. There are vampires in this world? People acknowledge the existence of ghosts?

Kick ass.
Icy Vampire Chick chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Intriguing beginning. I really like your core character - he seems well shaped and quite realistic. Nice hook and angle - most stories featuring ghosts are overrated aka insert high school teenage girl meets ghost guy, falls in love...yadda, yadda, yadda.

But this is different - I really liked the fact that Joshua was an adult running a bussiness as a medium for the dead. That's something you don't read about everyday, and this was a real breath of fresh air.

Smooth flow, good pace and impressive interactions between your characters. Keep up the good work !

Aleksy The Flying Onion chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Hey I like this so far! Your characters are very vibrant, and Joshua seems like an interesting protaginist. I'll be interested to see where you go with this. Update soon!
whatsLefTof.me chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
I had an impulse the main character was a teenager, but I was wrong. Heh. It's nice tho, the main character knows what he's doing & everything (the more I think about it, the more I idolize thee). I've tried writing something like this but a bug got in & destroyed my c'puter system, a lot of my unposted documents were there & went (poof!). Tsk.

Anyway, enough of my yapping nonsense. I hope you get to finish this, a good start deserves a good ending...
Elizabeth Watson chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Hehehe. I love it. Great tone, excellent characterization. Looking forward to reading more. :)
Gabrielle Emrys chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
wow you got me hooked. cant wait for the rest of it