Reviews for mini thoughts
deefective chapter 101 . 7/19/2009
I love the way you write. The skepticism in this is portrayed so delicately and beautifully. You didn't need to question out loud or in long and philosophical phrases. You only needed this. Also, I loved the reference to the chapter number. I dunno why but I liked the fact that you payed attention to that. And for the record, no I do not think you should silence yourself.

That would be like breaking the wings of an angel. Criminal, really.

deefective chapter 100 . 7/19/2009
Loved the way you used the images of jelly and ice cream. It gives some interesting imagery. Also interesting was the first two lines compared to the last two. I liked the contrast there because you can't really catch it at first. Nicely done.

deefective chapter 99 . 7/19/2009
Hmm, I'm on the fence about whether I liked this or not. The ambiguity in the first stanza was kind of weird. Not the fact that I didn't get it but maybe it was the phrasing? I dunno, something just struck me as out of place. As for the rest of the piece I did like that. Not only because you phrased that perfectly but because it's true.

[You know the rest]
deefective chapter 96 . 7/19/2009
I liked the bolded message in here. Usually when I see that sort of thing or do it myself, it has a form to it, but in this piece I saw no form. I think that really added to the message of 'insanity' that you were going for. Also, the first line in this piece just hit me as soon as I read it. Th imagery was so powerful I could already see a crazed lunatic yelling at the top of their lungs. Beautifully written.

deefective chapter 94 . 7/19/2009
The desperation in this piece gave me chills. I really liked the first stanza because it's relateable. Every single words struck up a memory in my head. The last stanza was so poetic. I liked the way that it had this weird sort of rhyme to it [or was that just me]. I dunno, it just seemed to flow really well. Nicely done.

deefective chapter 93 . 7/19/2009
The self deprecation in the last sentence was like the cherry on top of it all. I loved how it just finished everything. Even though this was short, I can basically get what you're feeling right now. Also, I liked how you characterized loneliness as a stench. That adds an interesting factor because a stench usually comes from something disgusting but is loneliness really a "disgusting" kind of feeling? Hmm, strikes some thought, yes.

deefective chapter 91 . 7/19/2009
The first part of this piece is so well written. I loved how it's just the ordinary scenario of not being able to sleep, yet you described it perfectly. And the last part I love because it just rings of bitterness yet not so much that stains the rest of the piece. Nicely done.

deefective chapter 90 . 7/19/2009
I really liked the repetition of "red" in the second line. It emphasized the idea but not obnoxiously. It was just right. Also, in the last line, the way that the "t" was included/excluded was a clever trick. It made it so the piece could be interpreted in two different ways. The overall feel of this is interesting though. You could say that it's morbid yet...cute in a way. Nicely done.

deefective chapter 89 . 7/19/2009
I absolutely love this, as I do with everything in this collection. Honestly, the imagery alone is like a movie but in words. Everything was so clear. Also, the ending stanza really struck me not only because of the imagery but just the beautiful writing. Especially that last line. I could feel the emotion/lack thereof in the narrator's voice. I don't know how you did it but really, nicely done.

wayfaringstrangers chapter 176 . 6/14/2009
you should continue this collection.

i really enjoyed reading your poetry.
wayfaringstrangers chapter 169 . 6/14/2009
makes me think of someone i'm going to have to let go of soon...
wayfaringstrangers chapter 167 . 6/14/2009
for some reason,

i like the little picture in my head

that i get from this. hah.
wayfaringstrangers chapter 131 . 6/14/2009
it's the truth.
wayfaringstrangers chapter 117 . 6/14/2009
god, i know the feeling.
wayfaringstrangers chapter 86 . 6/14/2009
people just disappoint you.

and let you down.

life's easier without depending on other people.
155 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »