Reviews for Gallagher and the Whale
BatsandBows chapter 7 . 12/26/2009
Im sad you decided not to continue, but it was fun while it lasted. Best of luck writing your screenplay!

~BatsandBows
Written chapter 7 . 12/13/2009
best of luck! you are really talented and I enjoyed your WONDERFUL writing :) sad to hear that you're not going to continue this version, but I'm sure you'll do something great with it.
Written chapter 6 . 9/28/2009
I still love this story, but I don't really know how to review it. I think you really have a talent for writing compelling descriptions with very few words. don't change :)

oh, and please update soon. yeah, I couldn't leave you a review without saying that! sorry for the extremely belated nature of this review, by the way.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Okay, I love this already. Once I saw the way Gallagher died, I was like, "Yes." Because Virginia Woolf. I don't even have words. And second person! Oh, second person. This is fabulous. Your words are careful and just right. I like it. Keep writing! :)
prado.red chapter 6 . 6/10/2009
You've updated! I will be back (eventually) to leave a (sem)decent review!
swellhats chapter 6 . 6/9/2009
i was so glad when i saw this in my inbox!

i enjoyed this chapter, as well as your writing style :D

please update soon!
Ponder000 chapter 5 . 6/5/2009
Well im still trying to get a feel for this story, its quite different. I like the read-between-the-line feeling
Kate Marshall chapter 5 . 3/7/2009
Well, the story's confusing in general. But I don't hold that against it because that just makes it more fun to read. For me, at least. And I like how you don't explain everything at once; it all just kind of unravels itself as we go.

And one 'query'. The girl at the end that Mary hinted at? Who were they talking about exactly? (I had an idea, but I'm just asking.)

And great chapter again :) Even if it was a slow update, it was worth the wait. Good luck on the next chapter!
BatsandBows chapter 5 . 3/4/2009
A lot of good phrases in this chapter. I have to name a few:

-rumors flying like paper aeroplanes

-days begin to stretch and run into each other, like watercolors on canvas

-his gaze is like an x-ray, and you’re just an easy book to be read, a body stripped bare to the bone. (my favourite)

-eyes averted to avoid the look of disapproval and too-blue eyes

Ok, that's enough quoting. The point is that I loved it. And I like Jake's character so far- not too sure about Mary and Althea at this point. They seem kinda b*tchy ;)

I don't have much to say with suggestions or critiscm. Just curious though.. your profile says that you're Australian, but a lot of this story has been Americanized- "color" as opposed to "colour"- is that intentional? I'm Australian as well so I feel strange reading Americanized words. It makes my eyes cross x]
Indie Tangles chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
Wow.

I never, ever like second person, but this actually sounds really interesting. Your summary was pretty pimp, too. (:
swellhats chapter 4 . 1/17/2009
I adore this. Every bit of it.

Update soon!

Also, I was wondering if you had any book reccomendations? It would be greatly appreciated :D
BatsandBows chapter 4 . 1/5/2009
Loved the reference to A Clockwork Orange. It's one of my favourite books/movies :)

For some reason, I was completely drawn in to Ms Wren's character. I think it's the way you described her-"of average height- willowy, brown eyes and too-round cheeks, quiet, unnerving." I also liked the lines "If you looked at either’s features separately, there would be no beauty or eloquence in them. But pieced altogether, there was something special planted in their faces." mainly because I know exactly what your trying to explain with it!

I cannot wait to see what happens next!
Kate Marshall chapter 4 . 1/1/2009
Ugh, I'm dying to know what all happened to Gallagher, so you're keeping the interest well there! And I'm usually not a huge fan of second person, but I like with Frankie. And you give her lots of personality; I like her. _
Kate Marshall chapter 3 . 12/27/2008
[shudders] Ms Mason and her psychoanalysis. U~gh.

xD I love Frankie. And I'll be looking forward to your next update! Good luck, ;D
Kate Marshall chapter 2 . 12/27/2008
;D You said you knew you weren't the best author and you'd like to improve and hey, good for you! (Ugh, heck, I cringe every time I post something.) I like your writing, especially this chapter. She's easy to relate to.

Great job! _