Reviews for Chomp
Otakuami chapter 1 . 11/22/2020
Omg this is written so well, that I was so immersed, the ending hit me like a train. I think what she felt was perhaps limerence
JustAnotherNewbie chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
I don't even know if you check fictionpress anymore. But this is too perfect for me to not leave a review.

This is just so accurate. I love how I could relate to every. Single. Thing. That happened in this story. And I have been the friend who's said 'please get over him' and who needs a reality check as well. This is just a beautiful piece.

I love the fact that the story correlates to the weather.
solo-birdie chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
. writing.
Pale Treasures chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
The descriptions, as always, are simply exquisite. I've always been curious to visit India, but this just made me want to fly there ASAP. I could almost smell everything, from the warm dusk to the flowers to the mangoes. Just lovely.

As I read this I thought back to myself at 15; sometimes, the similarity between the story and myself back then was uncanny. Everything was perfectly true to life; from the somewhat random way the crush began (and the influence of the season/weather), the moments of heady euphoria, the way it can easily turn into an obsession but you just don't want to acknowledge it, the giddiness and the way you make a fool of yourself, your friends not caring about it in the slightest/tired of listening... it all rang true. And then the way it's suddenly over... and it's actually a bit of a relief.

But to me, it was the season descriptions that were really arresting in this one. I felt like I was there, which is such a clich├ęd compliment, but I truly did.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
STORY OF MY LIFE _
eM chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
I think a lot of can relate to this story... Its very beautiful...!
Kajal chapter 1 . 4/2/2010
That was wonderfully written! Loved the imagery. Above all, it's the fact that we can all relate to it at some point that makes it great.
sophiesix chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
oh lovely! such wonderful descriptions of everything all building such a heady picture of a crush. thanks for sharing this!
Liya Smith chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
now that. that was great.
Aime Atem chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
Fantastic read, thank you.
InkyPencil chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
I love how you wrote this in second person. The entire "you" part just fits me so well, it's a bit unnerving.

Absolutely wonderful. Thank you, this made my day.
dreameratbang chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Lovely opening lines. I love the subtle cynical tone you've used to describe how she's falling 'in love'. But you're description is so accurate, she sees but does't really see...and how she's overwhelmed by it.

Reminds me of a little crush I had, minus the psuedo stalking. Very well written!
Limited Edition chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
The imagery is absolutely gorgeous. It's very vivid and the metaphores are striking yet original. The descriptions combined with the beautiful language also set a very nice mood to the story; dreamy and in love!

Mwaah I loved this
punkturnedwriter chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Oh, eff. That was beautiful.
Staring Elf chapter 1 . 1/1/2009
Gorgeous writing. The first sentences left me adrift in awe.

The moon is a milk-white paper lantern, drifting down to the gulf of sunset. The balmy sweetness of the spring dusk mingles with the spicy piquancy of perfume spilling from the cups of the flame-striped gulmohar blossoms. You are in love.

Perfect, picturesque words that rend your story suave and exquisite.

Thanks for posting!