Reviews for Abortion
Jaslazul chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
I agree. We recently had a huge "OMG PL0X STOP TEH EVUL ABORSHUNZ!1" event at our school, and I almost got slapped many times for saying similar things. :P Congrats for actually thinking about the whole concept.
StarfireandSakura chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
Let me start by saying you have summarized an argument that people generally take far too long to say. So, props.

My own opinion is that it's wrong except in maybe cases of rape. Why? The reason is I don't see why a woman has to have sex in the first place. If you don't want to get pregnant, don't have sex.

One could argue "but sex proves love" or so on. No, it doesn't. Half the time sex is simply for shits and giggles. Sex no longer proves you love someone. In fact, sometimes it means the opposite.

As for the "oh, but it's fun, I should be allowed to do it!" - have we fallen so far we have no damn self restraint any more? There are other ways to have fun which don't involve you getting pregnant or possibly giving sex to a guy who doesn't deserve it. No, really.

Anyway, sorry the review was really long - I just felt the need to give my full response to the essay.