Reviews for Safe Place
Blackrain7557 chapter 39 . 3/11/2010
If you thought the first chapters of twilight were bad...trust me the entire series is worse. But I won't go into that since this story is so much better.

Poor Gabe...that hero complex has got to be getting to him, all those emotions for the big bad scary vampire. I do like your choices of the classic vampires, it's nice to see someone respect the lore instead of all the new age crap that's come out.

But really digging the story, was excited to see the last chapter and this was even better. Looking forward to seeing Gabe finally get some revenge.
September Stone chapter 38 . 3/11/2010
whoa! i cant believe he did tht!

hm wonder what will happen next, can Gabe stop in time or what?

lovin this story so far -keep up the good work!

update soon! :)
On The Tip Of My Tongue chapter 38 . 3/10/2010
That. Was. Hot.

Hahaha. I'm not really sure, but is feeding supposed to be intimate? Gabe said it hurt, ALOT, so I'll assume it's a one-sided intimacy (for the vampire. Isn't feeding like eating? You can eat alone and the food will still taste the same).

I'm beginning to prefer the blood lust Gabe to the normal Gabe. The blood lust Gabe, while somewhat patheticly in pain, also sounds incredibly sexy in the whole 'I'll try to hold out for as long as possible because I love you' way. The normal Gabe just has that Edward Complex.

& I love how independent Jess is. :D I mean she's all like "If you don't bite me I'll slit my wrists!" But not in the emo-ish way that makes her seem like a total poser and no one really likes posers. More in the 'I'm doing this for your own good' way. Lord knows I'd kill to have Gabe drink my blood. Hell, I'll be the 24-hour-all-you-can-eat buffet. Though I suppose the term eat would be offensive. I'd have to change that to drink.

Your adjective use is phenomenal (sp?). Honestly, I write, but I always seem to find that even though my vocabulary is extensive for my age, I'll repeat adjectives and then struggle with rephrasing them & the editing process of my writing usually ends up with me having to rewrite most of the chapter.

AND WHEN WILL THEY SEX IT UP? I would understand if it was an 'I'm saving myself for marriage' thing because, quite frankly, I live in a house of devout Roman Catholics. If my mother thought I'd ever had sex before my marriage day she'd have my head on a platter and my skin for a new coat. But I'm guessing that is not the case. So, I am obligated to tell you that the obvious sexual tension is manifesting itself in my life. Haha. :)

Overall, this was a wonderful chapter & I can't wait for the next installment. & it's lovely that my enthusiasm is so much appreciated.

-Renee
laurai chapter 38 . 3/10/2010
I can't believe you just ended it like that, but that's one of the things I love about this story, it always keeps me on my toes. Can't wait till your next update.
Firefly's Love and Loyalty chapter 38 . 3/10/2010
You know, I've read a lot of paranormal romance books (okay, vampire smut) but this is one of the best written I've seen. Although there were a few grammar issues (not enough to annoy me) this was VERY good.

Now, I'm not saying anything, and this might be a general vampire thing, but reading this, I'm getting slight underflavors of Twilight, Nightworld and some movie that I saw. (This pwns Twilight, btw)

~Firefly
Sure as the Dawn chapter 38 . 3/10/2010
OMG you gotta stop leaving cliffies! :D finally he feeds! :D n e way, all in all good chapter ;)
GirlWithTheDancingCherryTrees chapter 38 . 3/10/2010
HOLYMOTHAFUGGINCRAP! YOU DON'T UPDATE FOR MONTHS AND NOW YOU LEAVE ME HANGIN'? WHAT KIND OF MUTANY IS THIS! NO! HOW COULD YOU! GAH! DX
JoeDenim chapter 38 . 3/10/2010
I think I can do more than a few sentences :)

The moment I saw this update in my inbox, the sun came out, I kid you not. I like how Jess is taking on a more aggressive role, really helping Gabe for his own good. Behind all the sexual tension, you can really see the bond between them and how it has grown so strong. I kind of agree with Renee on The Edward-complex, except Jess is NOT Bella and is actually standing up for herself. I hope she knocks that complex right out of Gabe, or just for the most part- It's adorable to see how he is a bit humbled by her. Of course, I still love that darker side of Gabe and love it when he kicks ass.

Pretty hot how he goes for the wrist- now Jess gets to watch ;) I liked the chapter- plenty of angry sexual tension, and who doesn't like a little bit of that?
bam chapter 38 . 3/10/2010
woah! woah! woah! that was fucking amazing. im so hooked and so in love and so in love with Gabe and Jess. I think i might implode just from the cliffy you gave at the end! ah, im so excited!
groundhog591 chapter 38 . 3/10/2010
So not fair. :( You know, cliffhangers really shouldn't be allowed. :p Well, I hope you update soon because I really really really love your story, especially since, to me, it's not like the typical vampire romance. :) Great job!
CoryD chapter 38 . 3/10/2010
Ah - you made my day. Love seeing this story updated. Even if I do have the love/hate relationship with cliffhanger chapter endings you so like. The characters in this story are great - smart, strong and complex.
Blackrain7557 chapter 38 . 3/10/2010
Wow that was a long review...and nicely written. But it's absolutely right...the tension is like a steel fricken wall...you'd need a blowtorch to cut through it.

Anyways good chapter here, poor Gabriel didn't stand a chance...course I don't think Jess stands much of one either at this point but we'll see. Looking forward to the update, one of my favorite stories.
SpanishHazel14 chapter 37 . 3/8/2010
plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz keep writin i really want to know wat happens next and i want to know wat happens between Gabe and Jessica i really lik this story
On The Tip Of My Tongue chapter 37 . 2/28/2010
Okay. I am so freaking enamored with your story right now that I'm going to give you a big, drawn-out review with a sh*tload of personal references that it will confuse you to no end. Ready? No? Get over it.

Okay, first of al. Holy. Effing. Shiznit. Can you say sexual tension? I mean, Gabe (or Gabriel?) is hornier than a 14-year-old boy in the Playboy Mansion. And Jess (or Jessica?) is like freaking London. (hahaha. weather inuendos.) God, who's going to jump who? I mean, I'll be more than willing to enter your story and jump Gabe's bones, but I'm pretty sure that I'll end up getting a clip unloaded on my poor arse. It's just... gah. You get where I'm coming from?

And Gabe seems to be developing what I call the Edward Complex. Symptoms including: Feeling sorry for ones self even though they're a kick-arse creature of the night and are sex on a stick, feeling incredibly sorry for the human girl they're in love with, having severe reservations about having sex with said human girl, and exiling themselves from said human girl to 'protect' her when in reality it's sending her into the spiraling pits of insanity. Personally, if I was some kick-ass vampire guy with drop-dead beautiful looks, I wouldn't be freezing myself to death. I'd be out seeing how many different blood doners I could get in one night. but that's me, not Gabe. :\ I see how my cynicism was not needed right there.

And I'm really hating Selene right now. If I could, I would torture her to a slow and horrifying death which includes forcing her to listen to 'The Climb' on repeat, having puppies lick her face, making her sit on Santa's lap, doing her hair in Pippy Longstocking braids, forcing her to eat dog food, and, of course, she would also have to eat an ogre's sweaty toenail. She's dedicated, sure. But does she have to be so indestructable? God, I get the whole bitch thing, but she won't effing die. It's like trying to get rid of a cockroach.

Andwhat happened to Mel? And Jackie?Are they being hunted down or w/e? Did somebody pull the plug? Also, speakin gof hospitals, why is it taking Joe so long to reach them if they're at a motel? Can't they just give him the address and say 'see you in a little bit! make sure to bring b posotive, it's Gabe's favorite!' and then get on with their day until he can feed and they can be like rabbits for however long until the sexual tension is aleviated?

And with Jess, is she reserved or bold? Because one minute she was upset because Gabe's erection was touching her, and the next she was gunning down a vampire, and then she was in despair because Gabe locked himself in a bathroom. I guess she has been pretty traumatized... bt with their current situations don't you think she'd be all like ;you know what? let's just do this. i'm tired of having to cross my legs and wait it off.; Eh. That's going back to the sexual tension thingie.

And with the inner beast. I thought that Gabe's inner beast lurved Jess. Wouldn't it have recognized her or something to that effect? Rather than attacking her? Or was it attacking her in plans of doing what the sane Gabe would not? I suppose that might be it...

At first I kinda hated that you made Jess tall. I really did. I, for one, am only an inch over five feet tall, so this upset me greatly. But I've come to terms. It must suck for her - what if Gabe was shorter than her? Oh, muahahahaha. That would be purely evil.

Also, when Gabe said that Jess was 'his,' was she supposed to freak out more? Idk because in all the other stories, every girl who hears this goes all femi-nazi on that guys arse. I actually think it's kind of hot. xP But then again, I'm a freak.

Gah, I've got to get to bed. I'll continue this on your next update. :)

-Renee
MarloCarlo10 chapter 37 . 2/21/2010
O cliffie! Not too bad though ;)

I'm glad Gabe has calmed down for now )

Great chap!