Reviews for Safe Place
MidnightSunrise chapter 49 . 12/8/2011
First of I would like to congratulate on this amazing story you have written. It was perfect (though leaving it there in that cliff hanger was so mean)

Your characters are developed very nicely and don't contradict themselves in the decisions they make. I also think you use the right amount of speech as in some books all the writing is just speech and there are no thoughts and if it is like that it gets very boring very fast.

Your plot is both both exciting and intriguing as you give just enough away to keep the reader hooked. (believe me I've been reading it non-stop)

To be honest I don't know why this story doesn't have more reviews but I for one would like to commend and encourage you dedication to this story.

Update when you can (you tease :P) and keep up the good work!
nomoreupdates chapter 49 . 10/31/2011
HOW CAN YOU LEAVE IT THERE? UPDATE damnit. I need some hot lovin that's going to be going on next chapter.

I will say that this is very well written and I love both Jess and Gabe. But I think my fave so far is Rainer. Could you please give him his own story. He's so funny and kick ass. And I love the sexual tension you've built up. I mean, apart from heavy petting, its chapter 49 and they haven't even had sex yet! Omg I'm about ready to scream at them.

But yes, please update sooooooon!
Dragonmount chapter 49 . 10/28/2011
...Love...you...:3

On a more productive note, great story. You've got the whole shabang of protaganists, antagonists, dynamic characters, action, romance (hehe sexy time 3 ), and easy flow to the story board. Caught my attention fast and damn girl D: can I have some more?
SJKS chapter 49 . 10/20/2011
Such a great story! I read it all in one day and am totally hooked! Love your writing style and I can't wait for the next chapter!
SassyGrl chapter 49 . 9/30/2011
Great! Please post mo
Guest chapter 49 . 9/16/2011
Your Killig me,they were so close...lol This is one of my favorite reads on this site and I can't wait till the next post.
KayleneH chapter 49 . 9/8/2011
Great chapter!
dddenised29 chapter 49 . 9/2/2011
Alright, may I please just stand up and applaude you. You have made me truly and unyieldingly fall in love with this story and your writing in 45 chapters. I started this story last night at around midnight and got so wrapped up in Jess and Gabe that my partner had to remind me 2am that I had to be up for work in 3hrs. So today at work I had your story up in one of my browser windows to try and read snippets whenever I could sneak a peek, that's how addictive your story was to me. I just sat down and finsihed chapter 45 and was hoping a next button had miraculously dropped from somewhere so I could read more. But sadly not matter how many time I refreshed it never showed up (insert sad face here).

Okay, so let's review. From the beginning your character development has been amazing and so very detailed. I especially appreciate the time you take to build up the personalities along each chapter little by little. I loved it at one point when you compared Jess to Kyra in Chronicles of Riddick, because I actually pictured her in my mind when I was reading about Jess. The curly hair, the atlethic build & the tomboyish ways; plus it probably didn't help that we had just watched that an hour earlier...She is human though, and that is what makes you want to be her if you were ever to find yourself in a story like this. Her realness in such a fantasy world, what woman doesn't dream of that. It is so great that she is a fighter and not some whiney "help me of love of my life, because I'm stunned speechless and limpng because I dropped the oh so heavy gun on my foot which made me trip when I found out the I needed to run for my life" teenage drama don't. She is a woman not a girl and stands up for herself and for those who she loves. & She loves all things that go boom. I'm so in love with her!

Now about Gabe. Gabriel, Gabriel, Gabriel. Holy moley! If you don't know how to describe a man, honey you need to pay up to whomever did it for you (& I am a lover of everything woman, but hey he is a well described and endowed man). But it's is the layer on top of layer of personality traits that has me so intriqued by him. He has closed himself off so much to anyone because of the mess that the Nation has made of his life. I cannot wait to see what the unfolds of the real story because I know that there is so much more to the what happened when he left that even maybe what he knows. I'm also glad that even though you made him someone who can feel and empathize with others, he's not some metro sexual, sissy boy. He is a man. Although he lovees deeply, he protects fiercly. He's not afraid to get bloody and he doesn't regret the decision to do what needs to be done to make sure the ones he loves are safe. I love that you made him into a man, not another teenage dream.

But let's all stand back and tell the truth. The eyes have it. I can feel the emotions from the characters with how you give details about the eyes. I love that original detail in this vampire story.

I love that the Vanes have now entered the picture in full force. I can't wait to get more details on the two of them. They are going to prove to be a very interesting addition to the plot. I am also thinking that some very serious decisions are about to be made by our two main characters and that the Vanes are going to have a vested intrest in those. I also think that this "Come to Jesus" meeting with Cronus and Rainer is going to prove both interesting and informative, can't wait for that.

I love Rainer's wit and his humor. I love Jess' too. I found myself grinning and chuckling to myself, which I have to tell you got me a few curious looks at work today.

Your transitions from character scene to character are quite smooth and they work with the flow of the story. It makes for and enjoyable read not to have to go back and re-read something to try to make it fit the next chapter. I have read plenty of stories & I will be putting this one on my favorites list. I will be chekcing my email excitedly awaiting an update notice from a SAFE PLACE!
Dagg chapter 49 . 9/1/2011
Fantastic chapter! It really is! You have me completely hooked now, you know. Please update soon :)
pbgurl chapter 49 . 9/1/2011
Ahh! They are so so close to finally having sex! Lol, cant believe I'm so excited about a couple having sex lol! But what a evil cliffhanger! :)

So excited for the next chapter!

-Liz :D
AA1991 chapter 49 . 9/1/2011
loveed this chapter grl! a lemon next? lol
Aneesha chapter 49 . 8/31/2011
wow can I just say that I wanna find my very own real life Gabe 3

and finally Jess just goes with it!

Loved the chapter

Update soon!
AzlTrs chapter 49 . 8/31/2011
For Real? Really though? Did it have to end this way? I can't take this...I just can't! I think you have to be the only author that I've read that can keep tension like that interesting for so so long. I mean this is chapter 45 and they still haven't gone all the way. It's been lots of almosts but I still anticipate your updates.

Glad to get that off my chest. The joy that I felt while reading this chapter was unreal. Selene's anger made me obscenely happy :] I am all ready for her to fall off her high horse and break her leg.

Great to read as always.
smurf-love chapter 49 . 8/31/2011
omg that is sooo mean to leave me hanging like that!
Neophyte M chapter 48 . 8/26/2011
So I have to say, I'm new to this site and so I've been perusing all a manner of stories and authors over the past few weeks...Without a doubt, Safe Place is THE BEST romance I have yet encountered. Your characters are real with real flaws and real emotional battles-not every problem is fixed with the right word here or there, they have real and relatable insecurities. The tender and passionate bond between Gabe and Jess is just the right mix of smut...I haven't even said a word about the great plot yet...fantastic foreshadowing, great character development, perfect amount of filler, unexpected plot twists, and a unique and believable supernatural world. I really enjoyed how you took the time to embellish Joe's character in the chapter between him and Selene. Really just great work in general...I MOST DEFINITELY believe you should attempt to publish this! I would purchase it in a heartbeat.

The only tips I would offer have been mentioned before-proofreading/grammar (when one has the time between work and planes to Korea-crazy busy life you've got there) would enhance clarity in some sections. however i'm sure you know that :)

I'm putting you on every alert/favorite I can! Please keep writing-not knowing the ending is keeping me up at night .

Oh and it seems like you get injured a lot, so take care of yourself and be careful!

Looking forward to more!