Reviews for The Band Geek's Dictionary
KatieBobb chapter 12 . 10/22/2012
Cookies are totally sexy, but Im a huge foodie. I just imagined Travis eating that cookie from Cameron's hand. yummy :)
KatieBobb chapter 11 . 10/22/2012
Well my stance is clearly, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY PARKER!
KatieBobb chapter 9 . 10/22/2012
Oh everyone loves pillow forts!
KatieBobb chapter 8 . 10/22/2012
I love that you took suggestions
KatieBobb chapter 7 . 10/21/2012
I just fainted, jeez
KatieBobb chapter 6 . 10/21/2012
I really like Mia. I did from Parker's story, so it's nice to see more of her. Annnnnnd I guess I like Cameron. Lol. But I haven't gotten to anything juicy yet so. Who am i kidding, I'll like everyone by the end, your characters are awesome. That's good because I found Travis REALLY annoying before.
KatieBobb chapter 4 . 10/21/2012
Noooooo, lol
quayjahn chapter 27 . 10/14/2012
I read just because before TBGD and have to so say, that I had relationship between cam and parker different, but that was probably parker's pov. Parker had no chance at all.
Peachy-09 chapter 27 . 9/13/2012
I felt like this story was a little slow and dry at times but yet I couldn't turn it off so something must have been right! Fantastic.
Guest chapter 27 . 8/20/2012
this was amazing! I started reading two days ago and couldn't stop!
Unhappy Girl chapter 12 . 7/14/2012
I don't like Cam being all fluffy with Parker. I don't like him(Parker). At all.(Or more importantly, I don't like his role in this story right now.)
Well... To put matters simply...

I am Momma Bear, kay?

Cam is my Baby Bear, kay? (Of course he belongs to you, but emotionally, this is how I feel right now.)

Momma Bear likes ALL of Baby Bear's friends.(Including Parker.)

But ONLY, and seriously, OONNLLYY, Travis, and Travis alone, has Momma Bear's blessing.

Get it?

Sometimes, okay a lot of the time, I feel like Momma Bear. And I seriously wished at one point in this chapter, and in the last, that I could LITERALLY beam myself into a specific scene and RIP those two APART, as in away from each other. If Parker weren't such a cute and adorable guy... Well, let's just say that ripping him away Cameron wouldn't be the only ripping I'd be doing... o_O
FreekyDisaster18 chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Hey! I am here to share some amazing news with you. This story has been added to the Slash category over on A Drop of Romeo! :)

Here's the Review:

"My music teacher will be the first person to tell you that music and I are not a match made in heaven so I was a little nervous when I started this story; terrified that I wasn't going to understand a thing; but that most definitely wasn't the case in this situation. Ryette does an amazing job of defining each word that is used to title the chapters in a manner that will make anyone understand each thing.

“The Band Geek's Dictionary” is told in first person by Cameron, who tells us he's three things: a junior in high school; an utter band geek; and gay. But not only this, he just happens to have a hot best friend called Travis. The first chapter alone of this story is enough to draw in the reader thanks to the amazing dialogue and banter between the two male protagonists, as well as the minor characters. Very rarely you see dialogue that is so spot on but the casual, fun and sentences dripping with the pretence of being more than just friends made it look as if I was actually witnessing an interaction between my brother and all his friends therefore making it highly realistic.

I would like to point out that the layout can sometimes make it hard to read as it changes time and places without you really noticing due to lack of breakers such as lines or three stars and chapter eighteen suddenly changes point of view without a word of warning but all the same; this shouldn't put you off because it is still an extraordinary read!

Ryette's own prior knowledge into the workings of a band, as well as the twenty six words used to create the Band Geek's Dictionary and to title the chapters, makes this a fabulous read that I literally couldn't turn off until I'd finished."

Keep writing,

Helen xo
Guest chapter 27 . 7/2/2012
So. Rah, I don't even know. I made my friend start reading this and both of us are texting back and forth about how much we hate the main characters but neither of us really can stop reading. I'm kind of mad that you didn't put in the part about Cam being possessive of Parker. Yeah, you had that one kiss, but feh. My friend is trying to make this sound better because Cam and Parker just don't belong together at all, but both of us like Parker more than Cam, soooo.. We are having issues here.
This review is out of order, thought wise, but since I'm reviewing on an iPad and don't know how to work the fucking thing, I can't fix it. Sorry.
But yeah, so overall... Not a -horrible- story, but I'm obviously biased. The characters are more sane than in Just Because. The flow is decent up until the ending. I don't know what you did to the ending, but it wasn't what I expected you to do. I expected so much more (considering that you're a really good author, as far as I can tell), but this just kinda... Ended. It feels like you were just typing random stuff so that you could have 26 chapters. The epilogue was kinda random, too, but I'm not complaining since I got some more of Parker and a liiiitle of Alex. I swear, that may have been the only reason I read this story. Sadness.
Luck with writing and life stuffs. I'm sorry if my reviews have you weirded out or what have you.
ibbit
Ibbit chapter 21 . 6/30/2012
Just so you know, I hate you. Poor fucking Parker, and fucking Alex and fucking Cam and... Rah. You make me angry. But I suggested this story to a friend of mine. So I'm obviously not that angry. I am really glad that there is no obvious dominant in their relationship. I mean there kinda is, but it could go both ways. I shall finish reading this later. Need time to cool down.
Ibbit chapter 17 . 6/30/2012
You should feel bad for Parker. I like Travis cause of how chill he is on awkward things, but him versus Parker? Parker wins. Hands down. And its only worse knowing that Parker's dad was sorta normal before Cam broke his heart. Ooooooh, how do you make me so mad and happy at the same time? Random note: I played trombone in the band. In our band, the trombones and trumpets HATED each other. And I've been hit by a color guard during practice. She made my instrument smash into my mouth, I was mad, but also a freshie so did nothing. And when sections got together to inspire and stuff, we trombones yelled "Boners!" really loud. Continuing reading now...
610 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »