Reviews for Enriched English Assignments
StarryKnight46 chapter 2 . 11/27/2008
Yay! A shout-out to me!
moongazer7 chapter 2 . 10/25/2008
Well, I forgot to put this in for you to look at, but here are some authors good at characterization, and making people, seem, well, like real people. The morals might be horrible, but people do act real. Focus on the characterization, so you can make yours good too.

Jane Austin

Pride And Prejudice

J. K. Rowling

Harry Potters

For the exception of Deathly Hallows.

Ayn Rand (I don’t actually think you are ready for it though)

Fountainhead

Atlas Shrugged

Ann Cameron

The Secret Life Of Amanda K. Woods

Barbara park

Juny B. Jones (observe kids behavior)

Harper Lee

To Kill A Mockingbird

Charles Dickens

Everything except for Christmas Carroll

I’ll send you more as I find them.

Look at them, there looks, how they are, who they are, what there personalities are, how they interact, and what they say to each other. Observe them all the way, and watch them very very carefully. You should watch every movement, action, and step they make; you might also benefit by observing every single thought, or word they say. My characters are fine too, so if you’d like, look for characterizations observations with my stories too.
moongazer7 chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
Good start, but not deep enough. It’s an extremely shallow touch on the character development side of things. I love character development, and if that’s what you need help on, I can help you. Here are some questions you can ask to make this better.

What color was her eyes, and what shape were they?

What’s her desires and values?

Is she sociable?

What thinking group is she in? No, I don’t mean nerds or preps. I mean the real ones.

What is her family like?

What’s her personality like?

What ethnic group is she, and is she proud of it?

What social class is she in?

How is she like as a person?

How old is she?

Does she have her job yet?

What’s her work etiquettes?

What kinds of people does she associate with?

There’s just about a million things you could ask yourself for character building, and they are all really important. If you want I am willing to beta for you. I’ll focus on the character building, if you like. The discription you presented here, seems pretty broad. I am sure with some work and straightening, it’d be fine.