Reviews for Duty
SteelWingedAngel chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
Raw, emotionally, and truly a beautiful poem. Your poetry has always been amazing. Whatever you do, don't ever stop writing.
heyitsstupidme chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
That was very honest and it means even more when it is so personal to you.
Thanks for sharing it :)
dustytiger chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
wow, this is an amazing piece, i want to say thank you for sharing it right off the bat, because you put in your summary that it was hard for you to share it, and it was an amazing read, i love it i hope you don't mind one suggestion if you were to publish this consider changing the line "this is my duty" to "this is all my duty" it gives more allusion to the world wars which would give it an even bigger (if that's possible) bang, great work though i enjoyed it a lot, it's got me thinking about my military cousins
SEMMU chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Write on brother. Excellent work. Oh yea, you're not the only one. I've given a new meaning to the word 'recluse' and my motivation for withdrawing can be found, elequently described, here in your writing.

Unfortunately, the unrelenting beatin' being handed to those who 'see' has no immediate end. History tells me that those whose experiences are similiar to mine find no reprieve until the end. I can't help but think that my truth is folly; therefore, ignorance would be bless. But it's too late. I'm tortured by eyes that see and my heart goes out to any who find themselves in a similiar state, because we're too few and for me it is a hopeless state-of-mind.

Sorry to be the 'Debbie Downer' of the day.

Excellent work, thanks for sharing, and Write on!
Steel Winged Angel chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Wow...this is has got to be the best poem I've ever read from you. Brutally, painfully honest and raw. Fantastic job, sweetling.

Hawke