Reviews for A Plain Summer
GarnetAles chapter 21 . 8/18/2012
I really liked this story! I hope the new version is just as good or better then this one.
Guest chapter 21 . 8/13/2012
Yayyyyyy! My excitement can hardly be contained. I was just thinking about this story and had lost hope of it ever being updated so finding it with an authors note is better than no word at all. I'm definitely happy you've decided to continue, no, restart this!
MagicMouse chapter 21 . 8/11/2012
I wish I would've seen the author's note before reading the entire story, but I did enjoy it and am looking forward to the The Forgotten. :) I live near a large Amish community, so I encounter Amish people a lot (though they generally do keep to themselves, I have several Mennonite friends :D). I do know quite a bit about the lifestyle, which makes this an interesting read.
LadyInTheCrowd chapter 20 . 3/8/2012
Hey, this is a really cool story you've started here, I hope you continue sometime soon :)
Forward chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
I love your story! I feel like your characters are real people would love it if you could finish this
Wolkenpanther chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
I love your story! Its quite interesting and shows how difficult m it is to live not only in another culture but in a very different familyform
D chapter 20 . 6/1/2011
Please uppppppppdate.
XY chapter 20 . 3/19/2011
I definitely believe this needs to be finished. I'm too far into it to not know what happens. This is very good. I like how the characters have real problems and not just shallow, superficial ones.
Guest chapter 20 . 3/7/2011
Update. Please!
Twist Their Emotions chapter 20 . 2/26/2011
Is this ever going to get updated? Just wondering...
Samana Cay chapter 20 . 6/24/2010
I'm so in love with it! I've stayed up the past two nights to read more, I'm so addicted. The realness of it all is so refreshing. I've always loved the Amish, so I'm all the more fascinated. Please don't keep me in forever agonizing suspense... Oh please oh please oh please update this soon! I have stooped to begging.
Katenheimer chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
This is a great start! A little long, and although I know nothing about Anthropology, after reading this my interest has definitely inclined.

The dream sequence was really nice, and all the details you have are great. I also like the character descriptions, especially how you make Dr. Morrison say “You best be heading out if you want to get to lunch.” It's small, but it really defines his character. I look forward to reading more...You set up the story nicely without giving too much away and you have definitely made me wanting more. :) Kudos.
ReadWriteLive chapter 2 . 1/29/2010
Hi,

I just read the first two chapters of your story and wanted to comment.

First, you do a lot of talking, try integrating more some of what is going on.

Second, I did some quick research, and if she went to say, Belize City (in central America), she could get a flight from NYC for around $600-700. Then a short term (month-to-month) apartment for $450-600. So if she was there for about 2-3 months, it would cost her $2500 for flight housing, that leaves $2500 for food, transportation, etc...which is enough for a student to live off of for 2-3 months in that part of the world. So, a $5,0 grant would have been very much sufficient!

However, that being said, I look forward to reading your interpretation of the Amish culture.

cheers.
DatPGurl chapter 19 . 1/25/2010
I really love the character development of each Mrs. Kessler and Whitney! :) I'm glad you posted this part- even if it's not perfect, it sure is a start.

I'm flattered by the way :D haha

I can't wait to see what more you have in store!
dblack50 chapter 19 . 1/19/2010
Great to see Whitney opening up! I'm guessing this could be a turning point for her. It sounds like there could be more to her being sick too...or maybe I'm reading into it a bit. It would take something like this to get Whitney to let down her guard and slow down. I think she'll get so much more out of her time with the Kessler's now.
166 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »