Reviews for A Plain Summer
Rachel C chapter 2 . 10/23/2009
Just a quick note - Ontario is a province, not "providence", haha. I'm sure that's just a typo, though.
Twist Their Emotions chapter 15 . 10/3/2009
Yay! You're back! Great job!
M chapter 15 . 10/2/2009
Yay! An update! Just gets better and better!
julialakewood chapter 15 . 10/1/2009
I love this story! Please keep updating; every chapter I keep wanting more..especially more of Connor! :)
Devil's Playground chapter 1 . 10/1/2009
This is very well written, and an interesting read. It all had a very real feel to it, especially the dialogue, which I loved. A lot of good writers have difficulty making the dialogue sound like an actual conversation, but you did it with ease. You also managed to pack a lot of information for the readers into the conversations without making it seem forced.

I didn't like the way the story started. The first couple paragraphs just didn't hook me in too well, although the dream did. I think it would be more effective if you began the story with the dream, without actually revealing that it's a dream/memory until she wakes up.
Aista chapter 15 . 10/1/2009
Oh my goodness, I've been waiting so long for an update and I thought you'd given up! :D But I'm so glad, you made my day when I saw the story alert in my inbox...

This chapter didn't seem forced at all, quite smooth. You're building so much suspense. I can't wait to see what happens at the Singing!

Can't wait for the next update :D
Menginpeh chapter 5 . 8/6/2009
There is always so much to do right before a trip or a move. Definitely can be nervewracking!

I enjoyed the interaction among Whitney, Melissa, and Ethan. I'm sure she will miss her friends, but hope it doesn't take too long to make new ones.

Annie is very cute and I liked the different personalities for all the different characters. I'm wondering if Bethany is truly going to turn out to be mean or if her attitude is just reflecting her disapproval of the modern ways and that she's soften up once she gets to know Whitney. Guess I better keep reading to find out. :)

Oops a couple typos -"She had learned (form)her encounter" (from). "She bit her lower lip as retreated..." (as she retreated) or (bit her lower lip and retreated), "sisters" (sister's)Not that it matters much, but if you're like me you probably want people to point out things like that so you can edit.:)

Great job! The more I read the more attached I get. :)
Menginpeh chapter 3 . 8/4/2009
After just taking a 12,0 mile flight I would have LOVED to have been on a plane with barren spots! HAHA :) Security can definitely be a pain, but I guess I'd rather them be safe than sorry. Wouldn't the second officer have been a female though? I don't know, but I sure hope so if I'm ever in that position.

Glad she finally made it. I really enjoyed the descriptions and "meeting" the Koenigs and the Kesslers. I really like Mrs. Kessler and am predicting she will be a great help to Whitney.
Shirin Madavey chapter 6 . 7/16/2009
Not a very eventful chapter, but it does do a good job setting things up. I liked how you created tension between the MC and bethany. Also it was very well written, but you could have added a little bit more description to your setting (like the farm looks like, how they are dressed)
M chapter 14 . 6/24/2009
I was so excited to see a new chapter!

Very interesting of course! Poor Whitney, all tuckered out! Poor Connor too. I cannot wait for the next update!
Twist Their Emotions chapter 14 . 6/22/2009
I'm so glad you're back! Great job! I absolutely love this story! Great cliffhangers!
bunny.one.three chapter 13 . 6/21/2009
Wow, even when I haven't even read the first chapter or anything, it made me feel engrossed in reading. The first paragraphs kinda made it seem interesting, made it very readable. You have a good writing style, the chapter is well written which makes it even more readable. xd Lol. Fantastic job, I couldn't spot any errors or stuff I didn't like. But just to state something, the last sentence feels like a cliffhanger. Which annoys me. But hey, I do it too, and it's a strategy to keep people reading! Keep it up!
L. R chapter 13 . 6/16/2009
This is one of my favorite chapters yet. It flows very well, and it's really exciting! The action, suspense, worry, (and romance, of course) made me constantly race to read the next sentence. I'm glad Mrs. Kessler is okay. She's gone through so much, I hope everything works out for the best. And the porch scene is so cute! You're developing Connor's character well. If only he were real... he's so much better than any "Edward" out there. I think he is beginning to like Whitney because he sees her good traits. Maybe he can help her bring them out and realize her true potential. (It's good that he's not initially attracted to her because she smells good to him. Plus, there's the added bonus that he probably won't suck her blood.) :)
L. R chapter 12 . 6/16/2009
Ah...baking. That reminds me of the cobbler. Never perfect. Oh well. :)

It seems that Whitney and Bethany are bonding. Hopefully Nathaniel will come around soon.
Aista chapter 13 . 6/5/2009
This just keeps getting more and more exciting and you're really keeping us in suspense with Connor! :D Update update update...
166 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »