Reviews for Moonflower
Written In Red chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
This is a well written poem and a great metphor to the struggling teen. Nice work.
Tegh chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
Hey this is Tegh from the RH!

I owe ya a review, sorry if it took a bit, but my job sucks and it's hard to do what I want or need to do in a timely fashion.

That aside, I'm not a great reviewer of poetry and I honestly try to stay away from it...not that I dislike poetry, just that my views on it are kinda skewed. But since that's your primary posting here on FP I'll giver a shot ;)

Grammatically the only touch up I see is in the second line. The comma should come before the word until, else it just flows awkwardly.

I like the vivid details in certain areas though the definitive point is never truly pinned down. This is a good thing in some cases in poetry and frequently used, though I like a less round about point (personal preference).

Though I'm not a poetry buff I liked it, and thought it expressed an interesting view, though it could reflect numerous possibilities ;)

-Tegh
Vernelley chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
From what I gather, it's about something ephemeral, in my opinion, life could be what you're trying to get across. Of course, I could be wrong and it could be something else. Depends on your individual interpretation, I guess. It could be about someone finally being noticed, and then after a while, the acknowledgement dying down as well. I guess. I like it, though.
Lee Daniel chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Beautiful, full of imagery, and sad. Eventually all beauty is recognized for what it truly is. Sometimes it just needs the right stage to express itself from. I think you have found that here, moonflower.
Karyn13 chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
Great detail, a very unique poem. I loved it. You have such a talent at writing poems. I like how you started with it waiting, and ended with it closing. It made it seem complete
sealednectar chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
Beautiful. It's good to write about things that aren't written about much. The imagery in this poem was definitely strong due to the use of personification. I love the idea of this poem.

sealednectar