Reviews for A Life like Old Movies
Jadie chapter 1 . 5/4/2015
This was such a beautiful story, something to be treasured.
Sundown chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
loved it! Written beautifully. I found Samuel intriguing. This whole piece had a very dreamy flow to it, there were no glitches or awkward phrases. Samuel is an interesting character. Great writing! I don't think you need the explanation at the end though...let people unfold the story themselves..and if they don't get it, they can still enjoy the writing...or draw their own conclusions. Well done!
Feel The Waltz chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
I feel sorry for the other contenders of this months challange. A lovely short sotry here. :)
Carnivale chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
This is such a beautiful thing. I loved it, especially the narrator's outside view of things. It made me sad, I'm not going to lie, but I don't think the ending could have been any more perfect.

Just awesome. :D
Freak-of-Spade chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
Okay, okay. Because I don't know where to start, I'll use accursed numbers XD

1) I love your title. Maybe it's something to do with what a huge movie freak I am, but I love it. I love how sort of melancholic it sounds...or is it just me? -.-

2) I love the way you write. It's sort of...abstract, kind of. It's dreamy and poetic and thoughtful and strangely realistic, in a 'that dreamer in the corner' way. Ha ha, none of that make sense...maybe you actually meant it to be the opposite...I suck, I know XD but that's how I see your writing. I love how you don't spell it out for the reader, you know: Narrator is a butthole because he's scared and then...or whatever. You DO need to give the readers credit. And think of it this way: if a reader doesn't get what you're trying to say, then it's probably because you're not on the same wavelength anyway and they're not really worth your writing. The way I see it: the reader should adapt to the writer's style, NOT the other way round. So keep writing this way. You're doing a great job. And you have your own individual style, and trust me, that's something some authors would kill for ::ahem:: ::hides knife behind back:: :ahem:: XD

3) I love your characters. Your Sam character made me feel all squee and fangirlish, because he's cute and strange and real, and that angel, fallen, sweet line just snatched at my heart.

4) It's kind of weird but there were parts of this oneshot that amde me feel really sad for some reason.

5) I LOVED the shakespeare allusions and the calendar idea. i totally wish i'd come up with that.

6) Your ending was greatly handled, and I LOVED it, and I want more damnit T-T
SerialXLain chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
"he is kind of an angel, kind of fallen, kind of sweet." Loved that line.

Love the ending. I love how you brought back the "average woman is 10 degrees colder than the average male" quote near the end.

I definitely understood it and definitely loved it. Sam was brilliant. He was adorable. :) I didn't like the narrator as much, but I liked the calendar writing.