Reviews for The Mirrormaker
angel-Janna chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
I really liked that... I have a lot of admiration for you, because I've been trying to write a fairy tale for years and failing badly. That was Gaiman-esque: you should be proud.

Keep it up!

Janna x
Queen of the Shadylands chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
The childlike simplicity to this wonderful and rather unnerving. It reminds you about how delightfully creepy childrens stories can be. I particulary loved your opening and ending lines. Mirrors are such creepy items and I could easily imagine reading this out to my nephews and it freaking them out.

-Queen of the Shadylands.
your partner in crime chapter 1 . 12/20/2008
Heh. The style of writing totally contradicts the dark turn this takes around the middle (although, that said you get a sense that there’s something slightly off kilter about the world in which this is set. The nauseatingly superficial nature of all the characters and lines such as ‘and some of the teachers liked little Billy a little bit too much for their own good’ kinda put you on edge)yet at the same time the simple, storybook approach works to heighten the horrifying turn of events. The fact the language is so stark and underplayed makes bits like the transformation and line preceding it all the more chilling.
SpawnMeister666 chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Very strange...

I like strange...

Spawny
suzie chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
I absolutely love this. The whole thing reminds me of a dream. It's so dark and weird.
Boooklover chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
Wow, pretty good. Creepy, though- it's definitely not a happy tale. Good work!
Mirrorraven chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
Mirrors are such wonderful little symbolic things :D

I liked that there was a lot of repetition in this, as it is meant to be a fairy tale. It was simple, and to the point, but still descriptive. It had a nice balance.