Reviews for Beautiful Mistakes
Du chapter 27 . 10/13
Here I am. ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! Thaaat's what this story is. I really have loved it from the very beginning. I don't know what it was exactly, but I could tell in the very first chapters that the Matt thing was too nice and ideal and I just knew you weren't going to stick with the cliché. GAH I love it! Seriously, I am so deeply in love with Aaron right now. I loved seeing how Julie grew up with the story. I loved how you resolved the Leigh thing. However, shipping Matt off to NY seemed a bit too much... Buuut, that said, I really really enjoyed it! I'll read it again FOR SURE. That epilogue ending was so utterly fluffy and mushy and and and I thought I'd get diabetes just from reading it... seriously, I'm not (I swear) corny and I've always hated corny and fairytale type stories. But this story is just so perfect! I kept reading author's notes saying how you loved feedback with constructive criticism and such... Well I'm sorry, but I've got none of that. Just lots of love for such a cute little story. Thank you for making me so happy and turning me (temporarily I hope) into a smitten, swooning girl. Anyway. Sorry for the rambling. Heh. I loved it. Yes yes yes.
Du chapter 15 . 10/12
I normally only review stories I really really like and I only do so when I get to the last chapter (providing the fic is completed), but I just HAD to say: YESSSS, I knew Matt was the boss! Especially after reading your author's note where you said no-one had picked up on 'something'... I thought I was being paranoid, but NO, there it is! Matt! The boss!
Anyway, back to reading the story. I'm sure I'll get around to reviewing the whole story as soon as I'm done with it. Right now, I'm loving it. No major criticism, just lots of love. Yep.
MiranDuranDa chapter 1 . 3/12
I hope you're ok with con-crit, because I definitely don't mean this as a flame (just a suggestion for improvement), but have you thought about doing this chapter so that it is less chronological? I think that as an author, it's easy to want people to jump in to a story knowing everything about the character's past, but sometimes that can cause the first chapter to drag. I'd suggest starting with a scene that has movement/action and then filtering in Julie's past on a need to know basis as the chapter (or even story) progresses.

I was at an authors' convention once where a man beautifully described the area he had evolved the most from the time he first started writing. He said that as he acquired more experience with developing characters, he learned to play time like an accordion; he could stretch an instant out into a page or he could compress a childhood into a offhand comment. I would suggest thinking about that with respect to this chapter. Do we need the play-by-play of her love life foibles right off the bat? Will something be lost if it starts with the scene with the girl in the little red dress and we instead learn that she regrets moving for her unfaithful boyfriend when she goes home that day to find one of the many other girls "hanging out" there or him flirting with the girl down the hall or texting other girls and ignoring her? I almost think that meeting her at the same time as (and having the same first impression of her as) the hero would be poetic.

Anyways, just a suggestion.
Le Sharp Stylo chapter 9 . 2/3
Aaron's doing the nicest thing that anybody could do for you Julie. Telling you the truth. Snapping you into reality. Cause sometimes you can be a really dumb broad.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/1/2014
interesting beginning and yay reppin' chicago! there's always something to do there
YouWantMyUsername chapter 11 . 11/14/2014
He's glad she said that to Matt? I wonder why. (Is imagining that Matt tried to forced other girls into abortion. Grrr.)
Grespitchied chapter 28 . 6/28/2014
The fairy tale chapter was the cutest!
black ninja chapter 27 . 6/17/2014
I really enjoyed your story and found the characters quiet interesting.
PenMasterEm chapter 28 . 5/27/2014
This story is beautiful. I really love how dramatic the plots are but many of the characters are so relatable. I loved the ending to this as well. I actually really adored Julie's character. She wasn't willing to give up her baby for a guy and I think that's admirable. Aaron's a sweetheart too. I actually got nervous when the possibility of Aaron and Leigh arose. Cold sweat broke out and everything. Again, thanks for sharing your stories :)
Brightheart chapter 28 . 5/25/2014
I thought this was one of the best stories I have ever read on Fictionpress... I thoroughly enjoyed reading... it was a story that I couldn't put down either until I finished... I loved it!
burn321 chapter 27 . 12/9/2013
Hi! Sorry my profile email is being dumb and my account won't open. Anywho, I have read this story about a million times it makes me laugh it makes me cry and whenever I finish a book and am looking for new reading material I always find myself back at this story loving it again and I was wondering if (And this may sound weird) but I kind of want to make a fanfiction off of this story. probably the minor ones like the romance of Emma and Matt, or the story of what happens to Leigh after Julie and Aaron get married, or what happens to their daughter when she grows up or something about Steve or to Anna. I'm not sure yet, please get back to me with my email, I'd really love it!
Black is Beautiful chapter 27 . 9/20/2013
Ahhhhhh! That was amazing! the ending was so cute! I loved Aaron and Julie! I loved the story! Ahhhhhhhh! EVERYONE MUST READ THIS STORY!
Dawn28 chapter 27 . 6/10/2013
Hi, this is your second story that I've read (after Because of You) and I have to say that you're an amazing writer! I love the plot of the story and all the twists and turns. I like the slow and realistic progression of Aaron and Julie's relationshop. Thank you for sharing :)
Guest chapter 27 . 5/18/2013
I actually thought I would not be able to leave a review, because every time I wanted to leave a review my curiousity as to what the next chapter might be for the last chapter I thought this would be a great oppurtunity to do it. So here it is. I thought I would stop reading this story after I realized Julie (there is actually a famous singer/actress here in our country, Philippines, who got the same name and its actually her I'm imagining) would be involve in an affair with a married and eventually get pregnant. But then my curiousity got the best of me, so I continued reading it. And I'm glad that I did finish your story. I really like the way you told your story. Even I myslef would actually want to find someone like Aaron (The partner of Julie here in our country is what I'm thinking as Aaron). This the first time after awhile that I made a review. I really love your story so much.

glowingstar101 chapter 27 . 5/7/2013
This was an amazing story! Great job! I love the fairy tale at the end too :)
660 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »