Reviews for The Artist
Fizzy Bath Bomb chapter 8 . 1/5/2013
NOT LOGGED IN!

Heya fizzy here!
Soo, I would just like to start by saying that this is soo beautifully written I couldn't put it down, I don't know if your an artist yourself but you seemed to understand the artist's point of
I loved it!
Fizzy x
Rekindled Fantasy chapter 3 . 7/14/2012
It's just the third chapter and I'm already falling in love with your story. There are so many quotable quotes that actually hit me hard; it was like Caleb was speaking to me!

Also, the way you described what's it like to be in an artist's shoes and through a writer's eyes... It's all just perfect. I'm inspired. I almost have this urge to create fanart for your fic

Many thanks for writing this story. Sincerely, a student-artist _
CuriousContradiction chapter 8 . 10/28/2010
Oh, I have such a thing for artist-writer stories. There's just this conflict between doing what you want and doing what will allow you to survive in the real world. You don't know how long I've been searching for a story like yours. :)

I wish you could have expanded a little more on both characters. I understand that this was intended to be a short story and you definitely never overdid things (I was actually really impressed; almost everyone writes heavy makeout scenes within the first few chapters now), but I feel like Caleb's character as a writer could have used a little more development. He spouts wise quotes, but most of the story focuses on Bella's growth as an artist and Caleb as a supporter.

Like everyone else, I like the ending a lot. While I'm not a huge fan of fate (I prefer "Go get him/her back. Fight for him/her." over "If it's meant to be, we'll meet again"), I appreciate that you gave us an ending that was satisfying and hopeful without being sappy. That's hard to do.

I enjoyed reading this!
MissGreySunshine chapter 8 . 12/18/2009
This was adorable. It had a good plotline, and good writing to boot!

Good job!

I would like to read the sequel.

-MGS-
SuzyJane chapter 8 . 6/2/2009
your story is amazing... it reminds me that I shouldn't always choose the safe route and that everyone needs to have a little color in their lives... I think your story was a rainbow... :)
Lily Marie chapter 8 . 12/7/2008
Wow. I'm kind of sad this is over! I really enjoyed it. I can't wait until you put the squeal up.

Yours Truly,

MP
Radioactive Jeans chapter 8 . 12/6/2008
WOW.

The ending was AWESOME. I swear, I almost cried. It hit me so hard.

And I love the idea of a sequel. I shall be waiting for more eloquence. :D

Awesome job! Keep it up!
ephemeral dance chapter 8 . 12/5/2008
NEED SEQUEL NAOW oh wow. I'm so sad that it ended on such a bittersweet note, but it was beautiful. Can't wait to see a sequel and I want some hxc Caleb x Isabella-ness to occur. XD Just because I'm a teenie and a secret hopeless romantic like that.

Wonderful, WONDERFUL story, all the way till the very end. :)
Jaden Ink chapter 7 . 12/3/2008
DEVELOPE THE PLOT DEVELOPE DEVELOP! THERE COULD BE LIKE A WHOLE BUNCH MORE TO THE STORY!
ephemeral dance chapter 7 . 12/3/2008
AH! Wow. I KNEW that a little mini-confrontation between Emery and Caleb would be absolutely necassary. And it was done wonderfully. I really did miss Isabella in this chapter, but it's, of course, better that she wasn't there at all. Caleb needed his time to ponder and brood.

I would love for you to continue this, as I love your characters and think it's simply wonderful. Great update, as usual. :)
Radioactive Jeans chapter 6 . 11/28/2008
My gosh, do you know what I did when I was reading? I was clamping down on my mouth with my hands. I couldn't help but scream and panic. I saw it all in my head clearly and it was just, WOW. It's like watching a movie.

Awesome job again. I know how Caleb feels about the waiting part!
Jaden Ink chapter 6 . 11/28/2008
OMG i'm so proud of bella!

and caleb.. awe... emery is a douch.. but not really... i love danny.. clara reminds me of alice still... i want to kill the dad...
ephemeral dance chapter 6 . 11/28/2008
WONDERFUL update! Mrs. Blake is a horrible individual. God, that made me so mad I can hardly stand it.

I feel so sorry for Isabella and Caleb... But Isabella took a big step, standing up to her father like that. And Caleb was as heroic as he could have been in such a situation.

I really, really like Danny, despite how relatively minor his part has been so far.

Great chapter; absolutely cannot wait for more.
Radioactive Jeans chapter 5 . 11/26/2008
Oh my gosh. Do you know how happy you've made me? :D

That was really good. But the cliffie... it's killing me. It's really really really killing me! You did an awesome job of describing her painting. I can actually see her old pastel one and then her new one and it's just WOW. I feel so proud of Isabella too.

And the kiss. Holey freakin' crap. I think my heart stopped for a full minute. LOL. This is just absolutely awesome. Keep it up!

I'll be sitting in front of my computer, waiting for your next update. HAHAH.
Lily Marie chapter 5 . 11/25/2008
Wow, this is really good. I can't wait to read more!

Yours Truly,