Reviews for The Lighthouse
Tin chapter 19 . 3/23/2009
The conflicts that came together in this story was a really big part of what I loved about it. They all came together naturally and none of it was forced. A few of them got resolved along the way (Taylor storyline) and so there were a lot of emotional highs and lows. It made the characters believable and relatable for me. That is why I have to say I was HUGELY disappointed in the ending. In fact, I feel down-right let down! The first 17.5 chapters were wonderful, leading up to a potential climax involving everyone: Zach's crush on Beth, Kayla's reaction to Brandon and Beth, how Beth would feel about Brandon having had sex with Kayla, TJ potentially blowing up about their relationship, etc. It was gripping waiting to see what resolutions would come. And the ending glossed over all of that completely! There was a big, non-existent ribbon that was tacked on to tie up all the loose ends and it was a big let-down! I thought this story had a lot of potential and it can still realize that potential if the ending were extended a bit. Please consider it!
wannbeme chapter 19 . 3/20/2009
what about what happened wit him and kayla...?
wannbeme chapter 15 . 3/20/2009
aw poor beth! if i was ehr he would've been dead by now... good thing for him that she is not me... (I hav a certain way of finding things out and i am slightly violent... so he wouldve been injured if i was beth...)
wannbeme chapter 12 . 3/20/2009
i feel so bad for beth...
wannbeme chapter 10 . 3/20/2009
hes a playa!
LiLi chapter 19 . 3/18/2009
Could you possibly do a spin-off with Beth and Brandon.

I feel like you leave your stories hanging.

This chapter could have been separated into 2 more chapters.

That way we can know what really happened with Kayla and Brandon. and how Beth and Brandon spent their last few weeks together.

Plus, you never mentioned Brandon telling Beth about the whole sex thing with Kayla.

I was curious about that.

Could of had a better ending over all.
Martinique chapter 2 . 3/16/2009
This story is very confusing. You keep jumping back and forth between points of view in the middle of paragraphs. It's difficult to follow that way, and the story might be better if you kept the POV with one character throughout or only switched when the scene changes.

It's an interesting concept, but the characters aren't given time to develop because of the jumping around. TJ seemed like a tight-arse to me, and suddenly he's calling himself "laid back" but I didn't get that vibe at all.

It's all just too fast-paced and seems juvenile due to there not being any real explanation about why things are the way they are.
DragonPants chapter 19 . 3/16/2009
I feel like you wrapped up the story too soon. Like there was the story, it is going along fine, then they decide they like each other, then the talk about the resolution the getting together and then it's done?

I feel like you should have tried to show some more of their relationship, because it was all this buildup and then nothing...
Cloudy Glass chapter 19 . 3/16/2009
Wow, not how I expected it to end... not that I'm mad, just surprised...

I liked reading this fic. It was fun and fairly light-hearted. Thanks for the time and effort you guys put into this! I'm looking forward to more works by you two. Congrats on another successful story!
musicislove10 chapter 19 . 3/15/2009
this was a good story! ]
blurrylights chapter 19 . 3/15/2009
I really liked this story! It was so wonderfully written and the relationship between Brandon and Beth was absolutely adorable. I wish Zach got someone at the end, but at least the way you wrote it leaves it open for interpretation. Also, the way Beth, Brandon, and her parents talked and their body language was very well expressed. Seeing the changes in Brandon was also really nice.

Overall, this was a really great story, and I'm going to miss it. Keep up the great work! :) And don't forget to change the status to complete. :P
blurrylights chapter 18 . 3/2/2009
Aw! The gift that Brandon gave her was just so adorable. I'm just wondering when he could have gotten time to buy her something like that. Anyway, I can't wait to read what happens at the picnic, and how the breaking up goes.

Update soon! :)
starbance chapter 18 . 3/1/2009
This was such a cute chapter lol everything is so perfect, i wish my life was like that. update soon!
blurrylights chapter 17 . 2/18/2009
I was actually shaking my head in disappointment at the end of chapter...Brandon was an idiot. He just slept with Kayla and he kisses Beth? I'm filled with disgust towards him right now.

Update soon! I want to know what happens. :)
starbance chapter 17 . 2/14/2009
wow that freakin sucks! u mean I loved it! but It sucks for beth and brandon this chapter was awsome!
83 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »