Reviews for Hope
Merlinfanatic77 chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
*squints eyes* I love your writing. As I am a MAJOR Romney fan and seriously don't like Obama, I don't necessarily agree with this. :P But, I think it's an AMAZING piece of writing. :P :P :P MF
Kalista Jia chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
It is very interesting how you define hope.

I can see you get affected by US' current situation.

What is hope? Last night I watched as we elected our first black president, Barrack Hussein Obama. I watched him promise his young daughters a new puppy for that move into the White House, and for the first time in seven years, I felt hope. Not just that a man with a positive vision of the future has been elected, but that as a white woman who never thought she’d live to see the day, watched a black man become president. This transcended racism and propped up a dream was realized.

What is hope? “I have a dream!” Martin Luther King Jr. proclaimed. I choose to believe that he, Robert Kennedy, Rosa Parks, Gene Roddenberry, and many others dreamed this dream. Even I finally believed that this dream could come true.

What is hope? Today, hope is in this country and his name is Barrack Obama.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. BRAVO! THE LAST LINE JUST WINS!
xNeverThought chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
This is very beautiful and the sentiment couldn't be more accurate. Those who disparaged the Obama campaign as being about hope and nothing else underestimated the emotion.
IHeartTheBlackParade chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
I could not possibly convey just how much how much I agree with that last line. I've been in support of Barack Obama for the past two years and have been volunteering for his campaign since the start. Seeing him win on Tuesday gave me such a feeling of fulfillment, and of course hope.

BTW, this was very well-written