Reviews for Young God of the Forest
a f t e r . h o l i k a chapter 26 . 7/17/2010
Interesting. I liked the muted quality.
Morrisa chapter 26 . 4/10/2010
I found your story in Ocotillo's Favorites, and Well shit, that was..well shit, it was entrapping, when i first started i was annoyed by your writing techinque, but as it went on, i couldn't help but love it, and your God of the Forest, well, how lovely
imaginary loon chapter 26 . 3/18/2010
Fascinating! So much emotion in such simple writing. :D
imaginary loon chapter 22 . 3/18/2010
I love their relationship. :)
imaginary loon chapter 20 . 3/18/2010
Oh no! :(
imaginary loon chapter 10 . 3/18/2010
I quite liked this chapter. :)
Kura-sama chapter 26 . 10/14/2009
WOW

I really really like this story. I like the fragmented, and different POV and the way it's presented.

Very interesting style. Fascinating story.
centerfold chapter 26 . 4/11/2009
Hmm. I liked that. Some happy parts, some sad parts... there's a lot of emotion in it, and I think it's made even more effective by the simple writing style. Really well done.
Shriken chapter 26 . 3/22/2009
Well...I sure am grateful Ocotillo favorited this. I never would have found it otherwise.
simone chapter 26 . 3/14/2009
I really liked this one.. I usually have a problem when the author decides upon using different points of views, it feels amateurish... but you really played it of well. It goes very well with the writing style (it's quite an inspirational approach to writing and an awfully nice change from the usual), and it adds to the mysterious feeling that's fairly thickly laced on. I adore how we never get a full story from any of the characters; just glimpses, that together weaves a tale.

It might be strange, but what really hooked me was the rats. And the relationship This One (or should be entitle him the label God of the Forest, since he rightfully earned it?) and the rats have. It's such a sad relationship; they dedicate their lives to him, and he never once feels grateful.

"The little ones. Useful, even if they are only rats."

Yet they're the ones who never leave him. The ones he never sends away. The ones who sacrifices their lives for his happiness.

He's such an arrogant god. Yet humble. Yet human. It's a nice paradox; how he kills those of his kind that had preyed on what he loves (humans), yet he lives of the blood of those who loves him the most. Ah well, I think too much sometimes.

Anyway; it's quite the trinket you got here, and I really enjoyed it. So I'll knock you a kiss or two, and inform you; I think I might be in love with you.. hahahaha

Cheers!
quicktart chapter 26 . 1/10/2009
That was a great ending! I really liked this story, too. It was very fun to read. And it started and ended well.

~Rébecca
quicktart chapter 18 . 1/10/2009
This One's pretty sweet...
quicktart chapter 14 . 1/10/2009
Aw. Poor Robin.
Hergan chapter 26 . 1/6/2009
Oh wow... I partially expected you to climax the story more after the last (very well written) action chapter and then leave the reader hanging when the last one was done, and although there is nothing wrong with that, I'm kind of glad you didn't. I really like the way this sums it up and draws it all to a close, while still leaving the reader curious enough to think about what happens next on their own without being overly climatic about it.

Great job!
quicktart chapter 12 . 1/3/2009
He kept the kid alive! I was expecting that, but I was also expecting him to be hungry.

~Rébecca