Reviews for Weights
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
konnichi wa

This is great! First of all, I absolutely adored the fascinating format you chose. Just from looking at it, you feel like you are getting tugged down yourself. I also liked especially your capitalization - Great Importance and Mustn't Drop.

Of course, the poem itself is a wonderful description as well. It so accurately describes that heaving feeling - when you start to feel so overwhelmed that you almost can't catch your breath. You just feel like crying or sobbing, but then that doesn't work so you begin to want to SCREAM - because just about everything is depending on you (or so you feel, anyway). Kudos. A lovely piece of work.

Ha det

-Shan-
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
i like how it makes a shape. the emotion comes across well and it's quite relatable. nice.
Manifest-Destiny-x X chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
I like the formation with the double arrow and the single line. I'm totally having a mind blank about what it's called in writing, but it would be somewhat comparable to tonal painting in music... it's almost concrete poetry. Anyway I think the formation emphasizes the WEIGHT because the arrows are pointing downward.

I really liked the repetition of the word weights. It was well integrated and added due emphasis. I also liked your series of verbs.
Samurai-Soldier chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
I feel for you dude/dudette, I feel like i'm carryin' the whole damn world sometimes, ya know? Anyway, great poem, keep it up, Peace