Reviews for Singing
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
A pleasant portrait of an ephemeral situation; the phrase "rich tenor voice" is especially evocative. I like that it takes a more original angle on the cute romantic genre of poem by describing the person's voice. The ending is nicely sweet.

I don't much care for the line breaks however;

they seem a little choppy and predictable.

I think perhaps you could add more of an edge to the poem

by playing with them a little to create more of a build-up

or a surprise as to what comes next.
Isca chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
"Your rich tenor voice is rising, falling." Oh, this opening line is just divine! The sensual tone left me awe-struck and captivated. 'Rising' and 'Falling' reminds me of the movements of the ocean. :)

"But focus on the vowels." I liked that you included some vocal-training lessons here (i.e. say consonants lightly; sing on the vowels).

"VEE-VA." That's such a creative way of showing how a singer would say the word "Viva." The word 'life' also has powerful connotations here, as it suggests that romance instills the speaker with a sense of being 'alive.'

The ending is lovely, as well, with the 'smile' imagery. :)

Great work!

-Isca

(The Review Game - Poems - Easy Fix)
Stiff Spines chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
TENOR VOICES! *swoon* Hehe. I really enjoyed this, it flowed well.
effervescent-sentiments chapter 1 . 2/14/2009
None of your words are showing up! It's like that symbol you get when you write in a different language - did you write in Kanji or something? Probably not - in any case, the words are little squares, except for the last line. You may want to resubmit the poem.

Effervescent-Sentiments