Reviews for Severed
alkfhdakjd1 chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Wow, this is an amazing poem. I love the way the words just join together practically seamlessly (something I've tried to do and have since given up on ]). I love the ending as well, very bittersweet. I'll be sure to read more of your stuff asap.
arcane devices chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
Poetry is this wonderful piece of writing that you produced here. From 'Beautiful and brown/Once I could crack those eyes open/Blindly searching for trinkets/A friendship bracelet woven out of ordinary things:' to 'We have fallen/Clinging to those fruits that swallowed our mouths/Those juices which ruptured our stomachs' there's just simply too many memorable lines to quote within the poem. The length of the piece is fairly long but quite honestly, I don't know why I didn't favorite you sooner.
Xavier Ewald chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
compelling, but i wish i knew what it meant. it's a bit cryptic. here's what i'm getting: it hints at friendship between two women, but there are also references to the fall of man. but instead of adam and eve, you and your friend.
lovelaced chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
this was great! my favorite line would have to be; Sister/

How can inner beauty be so selective/And love so subjective.

you write so well.

-sapphire
fairytale failure chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
Wow, I love all of the imagery and metaphors and just the writing in this piece. It doesn't have a lot of unity, that I can tell, but it does have a constant melancholy mood and so many beautiful lines. I liked the allusion to the Garden of Eden, and the part about Christmas lights. The last two stanzas are amazing, especially "How can inner beauty be so selective/And love so subjective".
Isca chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
'Burned matches.' 'Blown out of Eden.' Wow...you've really created some beautiful lines in this poem! "You used to read my palm." I love that line! :D