Reviews for His guitar
3M2R chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Nice imagery. Wonderful emotions evoked. Love it.

I can imagine it being sung... Which makes it ironic to some extent. Well, it's cool that way too, ironically cool. haha.

I love this stanza:

'Live too fast, die too young,

it's a rock star stigma,

but you want to live for the music

and you want to die playing this song,

so sing with me, 'cause I know you know the lyrics by heart

since I was screaming your name to never stop this party.'

It's really beautifully worded.

FINGERS UP! (too beautiful to just be thumbs up)
MockingbirdDreams chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
Wow what a unique and beautiful piece! I love the story and feelings its very powerful. I wish I could write prose as well as you.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
The beginning part was odd. You said the girl was six and then you get very sexual. Were you insinuating rape? Or what?

I did like this piece. It's very sad, but the tone is so matter of fact, it works nicely with it. I really liked the part about her jumping on her bed and the part about puking all your dreams. Nice description.
WilderKaiserin chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
this was fantastic, but it makes me sad cuz it makes me think about my fave band Escape the Fate, and the lead singer Ronnie Radke, who is an idiot and got kicked out and is probably in prison...heroin. sad face.

great song tho.
The Reverse Edge Blade chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
I liked the message, especially the last part. And the repetitions in the text was good! I liked how you portrayed the feelings in this poem; you're really good with that, creating such a nice feeling!

Keep at it!

The Reverse Edge Blade
Natalie-Rayne chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
I love this song! I think you should record it so i can hear it! Hehehe! :)
Isca chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
"Live too fast, die too young-it's a rock star stigma." I think those two lines captured the essence of this poem really well. I liked the repetition of "You were six..." it gave the poem such a sweet nostalgic feeling.
Franziska chapter 1 . 11/13/2008
a broken soul with the tender age of six? Poor you! This is a very impressive evocation of the fascination of rock music. I shivered a bit reading the word “shit”, but perhaps I am a bit old fashioned. I like the repetitions in your poems.