Reviews for If This Were a Fairytale
Jainblu chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
Ah yay!

it;s your nano. ] lol! woo.

once again well done for finishing.

Some of us didn't *shameface*

anyway wo i'm just going to read this. ]
FarFromGrace chapter 9 . 12/22/2008
Finley's character is really strong which really adds to the whole damsel in distress theme fairy tells play. It doesn't bug you that she's helpless because of her character, she doesn't like to feel helpless and has so much heart that she looks past her mother's abuse.

And Camden just keeps on proving to be more and more amazing.
Bellaria chapter 9 . 12/22/2008
Lol nice, like it like it a lot.

Finley sounds like most abuse case victims... good angle on that btw.

Look forward to the next update.

Love Bells
koerle chapter 9 . 12/22/2008
Yeah, I liked it!

Camden is so sweet. Calling his dad for help, playing with her siblings. And then the kiss. So sweet. He's just so sweet.

Even though I am not a big Asian guys fan, I think he's a real gem!
koerle chapter 8 . 12/22/2008
Wow what a chapter. It seems so short, but yet it is so very eventful. This will most definately change their friendship (it's too soon to say relationship, right?)

Finley's mom is really a wicked mom!

Oh... and Max is cool. When is he returning to the story?
76cm chapter 9 . 12/22/2008
The main problem with this story is that the chapters are far too short. But you're updating super-speedily, so I guess I should stop complaining.

Love Camden.

Love his dad more.

Love Madison.

Love Nolan.

Think Finley should start sticking up for herself more. Her mum really is a complete bitch, even when she's not drunk.

And they KISSED! YAY! Camden and Finley, I mean, not Finley and her mum.

Another chapter before Christmas? Or is that hoping too much?
sunny-raindrop chapter 9 . 12/22/2008
Of course I liked it. They are just so sweet. :) Merry Christmas!
XxSiennaxX chapter 9 . 12/22/2008
Loved the chapter :)

Does Finley's mum just not target the other children or does Finley deflect her mother's rage onto herself? Surely detective Mizu has to act - he was blatently told that Finley's mother is abusive.

I can't wait for the next chapter - they just keep getting better.

Please update soon!
predict.this chapter 9 . 12/21/2008
Yay! Camden and Finley kissed! :D
auburnfusion chapter 9 . 12/21/2008
I knew it was something like the police or his dad... but I never thought about combining the two. It's very sweet and charming what Cam did, and very White-Knight-In-Shining-Armor-Like. But I get the feeling that Cam isn't perfect... I mean, he can't be perfect, can he?

Not to mention the fact that you've stayed true to realistic proportions-a girl like Finley wouldn't just leave her mother alone... a lot of teenagers have issues in which they love their parents, but they still get beaten, but they can't bear to leave their parents... so it's not entirely unrealistic nor cliche.

Dammit, I think you've got me hooked permanently to this story. It's amazing. Keep up the great work... and I hope your break is going as well as usual!

Sincerely,

Brooke/auburnfusion
predict.this chapter 8 . 12/21/2008
Yay! I can't wait for more updates. Good thing your finals are over! What do you mean by legally blind?
Faith Adeline chapter 9 . 12/21/2008
GAH! I love this. It's amazing, and needs to be published so I can buy it. Lol. When Camden kissed her I literally went, "Aw!" lol. And I love the siblings. They're so cute. Keep it up and update soon, and have a happy holiday!

Faith
Leerun chapter 9 . 12/21/2008
Fantasic. I love it. Most people over-do the whole blind thing and have this needy, attention seeking visually impaired person but your character is completely balanced and believable. Your story has humor, drama, conflict and raw human emotions. The spoon and fork thing that happened with Fins sister was incredibly heart-felt and touching. The only negative thing I’ll say is Fin and Cams relationship seems to be moving pretty darn fast. I don’t know how a girl, let alone a blind and abused one with trust issues, falls in love with a guy after 4 or 5 brief encounters. When I started reading this story I was kind of uncertain if it would work because it’s hard to image a mother beating her blind daughter but your scenarios work out beautifully. Lots of detail and yet not boring. And, although it seems unjust to warn you when your story thus far has been excellent, I shall none the less: you are dealing with a difficult plot and it would take very little for the story to become ridicules and unbelievable so be careful.
hippi926840 chapter 9 . 12/21/2008
ACK I LOVE IT

UPLOAD NEXT ONE NOW PLEASE?
scattered-strings chapter 9 . 12/21/2008
I kind of figured that if I had read the chapter title on your NaNoWriMo page, I would have guessed that he had asked his dad for help.

I kind of expected Camden to be Asian because of his last name but I didn't think it mattered whether he was white, yellow, brown, black or red.

It's disgusting how Finley still feels the need to protect her mother because it is in her nature and the fact that Rita IS her mother, but it is good to know that Camden will be coming over more often.

Great job.