Reviews for Empty
chartonjeremiah chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
The last time I read something like this I was browsing through a magazine in the waiting area of a hairdresser's while someone in the family was getting her hair cut. I cannot say that what was printed in the magazine was any better than this. I think that you've found a talent for writing romantic fiction. Very good, I'm very impressed.
xGekkeiju chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
Hey Holli.

There's a lump in my throat right now, so I'm glad I'm able to review you over the Internet rather than in person, hah. There is a sort of wistful nostalgia that I can sense in this piece - not in you, and not in me... but as a sort of underlying emotion that is present throughout the story. I don't know. It really took my breath away. I can really relate.

I think the band Frou Frou said it best in their song Let Go: "There's beauty in the breakdown." That seems to sum up this story. It's heartbreaking, but I don't want to stop feeling it.

Please, let me keep feeling through your work. (:

Wren
XxTheFallenWarriorxX chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
That was amazing!
SingLikeNo1IsListening chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
hey. i cant really say anything about this that hasnt been said by someone else already! :)

"leaving the lonely beach behind to wallow in its solitude." that is my favorite line! i dont know why, but i just like it.

very well done!

luv,

Glory

P.S.- When do i get the cookies?
LittleTaintedOne chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
Oh man, it's so sad. Great job on getting the emotion through.
Perfected-Imperfection chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
Wow, excellent description, it was almost as if I was on that very beach. You're writing style is beautiful and I would love to read more pieces by you. Excellent work! )

Perfected-Imperfection
Isca chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
Yay! Cyber cookies haha P

"The faint glow of the sun across the rippled water rekindled a warmth within her." Beautiful imagery! :)

"They would have to do for now." That line is so powerful and sad; great way to end the piece!