Reviews for When I Stayed Silent
jayrambles chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
Very strong and moving. I can understand your what-if chain of thoughts - I've often had the same. So many of us have. Thanks for sharing this; I'm sure it will inspire someone who is teetering on the brink of decision.
The Morrigan chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
I love the rawness of the emotion in this. It's simple and uncomplicated but moving. Great story.
Dandy352 chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
That was beautiful.
Nintendo Fan 101 chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Did he die in a car accident?
Breaking Sad chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
This is such a moving story ... :'(
KaylaHeart chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Fantastic! Not sure why I chose to read your first story, but this is really good! That had to be hard.
SummerAngel95 chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
That's so heartbreaking but so true. That was beautifully written and I enjoyed reading it. You're a very good writer. :)
Lolitroy chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
Aww... just AWW it's so sad my head will explode! *BAM*
AFractionOfMySoul chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
very deep and moving. makes me think about all those shy, silent types that people look straight through and how alone they must feel. this was a strong piece without all the angst and melodrama that would have ruined it; i liked that it was a dignified, selfcontained piece instead of ranting and raving about how the world is unfair. good writing
Amy90 chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Wow... That's really sad.
(But it's wonderfully written.)

I must admit I was in similar situations several times, I just wanted to be the friend they needed, but they always wanted to be more than just friends. So if you befriend someone like this boy, he will hold on to you like a drowning person. So you must be very sure whether you can (and want to) go through with it in the long run.
And there's another thing I learned the hard way: You can't save everyone.
Sounds cruel. And that's how it still feels sometimes.
I'm sure I'm not the only person who can relate. So I'm also sure I'm not the only person who will feel the same when reading your story.
I think it's just wonderful! :)
KnifeInTheCrayonBox chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Wow, this was amazing. I could really relate to this. I know people always told me, 'go talk to the shy kid' but they couldn't really understand how hard it was unless they were so shy themselves.

I like how you ended it on a hopeful note, and reminded a lot of us to never let an oppurtunity pass us by, because we might never get it again. This was simply beautiful and inspiring. )
Aela the Huntress chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Wow, this was amazing. Thank you.
IAmAnAeroplane chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
Obviously, other people have made it clear that this is an amazing story, and I agree. It was beautifully written about a semi-dark subject. A good writer should connect with the reader, whatever age, gender or religion. By these reviews I can tell that you have done that. I absolutely loved it. You should be proud of this story, and for speaking about the topic. This is a huge part of high-school, the cliques, the friendships and the little things. I am amazed by your level of writing and I should probably shut up, because now I'm just ranting. Anyway, overall, LOVED IT!
physics223 chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
I was the same with falling in love. It didn't bode well for me, but it left me with no questions and that is much better than pondering, pervasive regret that lasts a lifetime.
Tauria chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
This was very sad, but yet a very beautiful piece. I feel that I can relate to parts of this. It is a terrible thing, shyness. To stay silent when you want to speak.

When asked the question 'would you rather say something, and then regret it, or say nothing at all, and regret it.' (or something to that affect) I would answer I would rather say something and regret it, then wish I had said something that I never did. (that made sense, right?)

Lovely, thought-provoking story :)
43 | Page 1 .. Last Next »